4. Aaron Hicks (S) DH
5. Gleyber Torres (R) SS
6. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
7. Cameron Maybin (R) LF
8. Austin Romine (R) C
9. Brett Gardner (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 83°F - Chance of Precip: 1%

longgame

The good news is we have our "ace" going in E-Rod.  The Sox match up well with the Yankees because they can't pitch either.  I guess the worst case scenario right now is winning the first slot in the WC and having to host the Rays at Fenway but I can't see them outplaying all of the other teams in the race.  Like DD said, he would have been more aggressive if they were closer to first.  He sees the writing on the wall. 

Bill-806

Like  13 DAYS AT THE ALAMO, the END is NEAR !!! iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

DAVID PRICE with 72HR's off as the EXPECTING DAD ?? iono iono iono

Murph

Quote from: longgame on August 02, 2019, 02:28:18 PM
The good news is we have our "ace" going in E-Rod.  The Sox match up well with the Yankees because they can't pitch either.  I guess the worst case scenario right now is winning the first slot in the WC and having to host the Rays at Fenway but I can't see them outplaying all of the other teams in the race.  Like DD said, he would have been more aggressive if they were closer to first.  He sees the writing on the wall.

Pitching better than the guy DD through 145 m and 5 years at instead of waiting a few months to see what he had.

longgame

First inning and O’Brien already talking about what win number this would be for ERod.  What an idiot.

elktonnick

Yes O'Brien is beyond irritating.  What is with Red Sox pitchers and base on balls.  None of them can consistently command the baseball.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on August 02, 2019, 06:36:57 PM
Yes O'Brien is beyond irritating.  What is with Red Sox pitchers and base on balls.  None of them can consistently command the baseball.

I continue to be amazed by this.  We’ve all said it a million time but there’s an organizational problem with pitching.  They can’t develop guys and they turn guys they sign to crap.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on August 02, 2019, 06:56:54 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on August 02, 2019, 06:36:57 PM

I continue to be amazed by this.  We’ve all said it a million time but there’s an organizational problem with pitching.  They can’t develop guys and they turn guys they sign to crap.

I agree.  I now believe that LaVangie was hired because he wouldn't challenge the starters. How can a guy who never pitched an inning in organized baseball command any respect from the likes of  a Sale, Price or Porcello.  Why would they listen to him.  LaVangie was hired just to keep track of the bookkeeping of how many pitches were thrown etc.

longgame

Five in a row.  First time in 4 years.

They have the look of a team that has vacation reservations already made for the first week of October.

SeaBeachFred

Two things made me turn the game off by  the second inning.  One was the walks and the granny and the second was O'Brien droning on about E-Rod and the wins he would need for whatever the hell that stupid mouthpiece was thinking.  To top it off it is now pretty  much accepted that LaVangie needs to go, but remember it took five full years for Henry to revamp our then piss poor medical staff that made an art of the misdiagnoses.  Also remember that Cora wanted LaVangie as the pitching coach.  What a royal @#$% this has turned out to be.  Tomorrow make book on it, we will be swept and most likely will lose all four games.  There's nothing more to say except @#$% this team.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 02, 2019, 09:10:16 PM
Two things made me turn the game off by  the second inning.  One was the walks and the granny and the second was O'Brien droning on about E-Rod and the wins he would need for whatever the hell that stupid mouthpiece was thinking.  To top it off it is now pretty  much accepted that LaVangie needs to go, but remember it took five full years for Henry to revamp our then piss poor medical staff that made an art of the misdiagnoses.  Also remember that Cora wanted LaVangie as the pitching coach.  What a royal @#$% this has turned out to be.  Tomorrow make book on it, we will be swept and most likely will lose all four games.  There's nothing more to say except @#$% this team.
& I just fell asleep as the feel of defeat was on the screen...…. To many hitters trying to go DEEP on every pitch ??? iono iono iono iono