GAME #110, THURSDAY, AUGUST 1, 2019, TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, August 01, 2019, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

elktonnick

Sox pitching makes the Tampa Bay Rays look like the old Clearwater Bombers that once great men's fast pitch softball powerhouse of the 50s and 60s

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on August 01, 2019, 09:32:21 PM
Third 4-game losing streak this season.

Sad . . .

Last week was such a tease.
Sox took 2 out of 3 from Tampa Bay IN Tampa.
Then took 3 out of 4 from the Yankees at Fenway.
JUST when, I thought they turned a corner . . .

A tease -

THIS team is SO inconsistent.

WTF?

Murph

I don't  get it .Why is this sad? They have played like this from day 1.Inconsistant all year. Only real hope is they at least find a way to stay above 500 . I would hope most here have seen it this way.

markj

Their recent winning ways were largely due to some serious offense. They're scoring 5 runs a game, but the pitching still stinks, so they need to score 9 or 10 to win.

SeaBeachFred

Linda and I got back home just in time to see that we got our asses handed to us again in another apparently listless performance.  You guys saw it so you know more than I do.  I did check my phone and, walla, like I have thought and believed all season.....WE HIT BUT WE DON'T HIT IN SYNC.  Betts goes two for five, Devers goes 0 for 5......Bogaerts gies fiyr fir fiyrm Martinez goes 0 for 3....Benintendi goes three four four, Moreland goes 0 for 4.Ditto for Chavis. I would mention that Leon went hitless again but what surprise is that when the butt shouldn't even be in the lineup or on our team.  Oh yes, Sale needs to pitch to him.  Are you nuts?????  He is no help to Sale or anyone else.  At least Bradley and his strikeouts was on the pine tonight, but knowing how much Cora loves the guy, he will be in there tomorrow for his usual 0 for 4 and two or three strikeouts.  Bradley and Leon must not be with the team next year.  They don't hit and they are getting worse instead of better.  I think Travis might be a surprise if Cora gives the guy a real chance. 

Sea Dog 23

Today Cora having a team meeting ahead of N.Y. visit.  In a way it would be better for players only meeting.  However now there is no Big Papi, no Pedey.  Betts is thinking about his yellow brick road IMO.  Can JD help. 

Cora started the country club feeling this year.  I'm not sure he can crack the whip which takes a Belichick type these days.  Not sure if you can do that in baseball.  Maybe LaRussa was the strong guy with the Cardinals.

longgame

A) Has Moreland had a hit since returning?  He's been awful. 
B) Can someone get a hit with men on base?  Bogey and Beni were on fire, everyone else not so much.
C) Why would anyone throw Chavis anything other than a high fastball.  He swings every time, he misses every time.
D) Why would anyone throw JBJ anything but a breaking ball in the dirt.  He swings every time, he misses every time.
E) Leon has no business being in MLB.  Can't catch, can't hit.  I'm sure he's a nice guy though.
F) THROW FREAKING STRIKES!  Guys on this team seem to be afraid of the strike zone, except the starters who seem to try to hang their breaking stuff right over the plate.

Maybe they'll come up with a burst of energy because it's the Yankees, but I just can't see this team getting hot enough to get a streak going.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 02, 2019, 07:37:38 AM
Today Cora having a team meeting ahead of N.Y. visit.  In a way it would be better for players only meeting.  However now there is no Big Papi, no Pedey.  Betts is thinking about his yellow brick road IMO.  Can JD help. 

Cora started the country club feeling this year.  I'm not sure he can crack the whip which takes a Belichick type these days.  Not sure if you can do that in baseball.  Maybe LaRussa was the strong guy with the Cardinals.

You are correct.  This all started with spring training.  Every one knows every strong building begins with a strong foundation.  This team's foundation was built on quick sand.  The clubhouse has zero players with leadership skills despite what the NESN toadies say about Bogaerts.  Manager Neuman sapped the energy from this ballclub in March.  I can only hope that he and his bullpen catcher miserable excuse for a pitching coach goes with him.

Murph

Christopher Smith
@SmittyOnMLB
·
9h
Xander Bogaerts is the leader of the Red Sox. He stands by his locker and talks to the media after every big loss.
Not everyone does this.

His contract looking like a steal.

elktonnick

Leadership isn't standing by your locker talking to the media, that is called public relations. 

Bill-806

The RAYS just took 3 in a row as they OUT PLAYED, OUT COACHED us …. The only thing the RED SOX have done is OUT PAYROLL them  240MILL to 60MIL + - !!!!  Lets see what 4 games in the BRONKS look like ?????? thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 02, 2019, 07:37:38 AM

Sea Dog, the rubber hit the road last week and we had gotten into control but the wheels have fallen off and we've become victims of road kill.  The Yankees are drooling about giving us the coup de gras to wipe us off the map this weekend and the way we're playing they may get their revenge for last year and last week with both joy and rage while we will most likely go through the motions like a bunch of zombies with only  Mookie dreaming of a yellow brick road that he may fine full of thorns.  At best we MAY win one game against New York but it wouldn't surprise me if we hit the hat trick in reverse.  HEY CORA, THIS IS ALL ON YOU BECAUSE YOU STARTED THIS DEBACLE WHEN YOU OPENED SPRING TRAINING LIKE A NURSERY.  The sad part if that all Red Sox fans are reaping the whirlwind because of your stupid malfeasance.