GAME #158, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 27, 2017, 02:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on September 27, 2017, 07:41:50 PM
Quote from: longgame on September 27, 2017, 07:35:40 PM
Is Farrell stupid enough to send Porcello back out, even with this 5 run lead?  The smart thing to do is tell Rick "Thanks buddy, see you in Spring Training where I hope you can make the team, now clean out your locker."

Make the team? He's not going anywhere since he is still owed 42 million dollars through the next 2 years. Doubt the Sox are going to eat that.

Obviously being sarcastic, but then again, where is Panda?  This is just damaging to Porcello and the team at this point.  This guy is toast.  If he were a horse, they would have shot him.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on September 27, 2017, 07:47:20 PM
With the hr's given up I'd think Sale was pitching.

50% more home runs and 7 fewer wins.  Just like him George.

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on September 27, 2017, 07:49:26 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on September 27, 2017, 07:47:20 PM
With the hr's given up I'd think Sale was pitching.

50% more home runs and 7 fewer wins.  Just like him George.

I was being facetious. Beginning to think the Sox pitchers are having a contest to see who can give up the most hr's during the last week of season.

Schloicka

Should be Carson Smith or Price to start the 6th.

Schloicka

Can we bat JBJ 10th like in slow pitch softball? If the Sox were asked to include JBJ in a trade for a big time hitter I'd have no problem including him.

Schloicka

Price coming in with 2 outs in the 6th. Let's go Price. And he gets the 3rd out.

Schloicka

Need the pen to be sharp. I don't feel that the Sox will score again this game.

Schloicka

ipot

Rare event of bats bailing out Porcello.  But this doesn't bode well for Porcello as a playoff starter.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Ok let's finish this off with as little drama as possible.

markj

Schloicka

Nice hitting night. Xman had the big HR to really widen the lead. Porcello with the win. Need E-Rod to come up big and need the bats to stay awake. Good they didn't need Betts tonight. Hopefully Pedroia can go again tomorrow. Great job by Davis filling in. Price looked real good again. On to Thursday.

BoSoxFanNY

Schloicka

Porcello matched Sale & Pomerantz in giving up 5 runs tonight. Hopefully E-Rod can lower that number by a couple runs tomorrow.

BoSoxFanNY

I will start rooting for the Jays starting on Friday when they
play the Yankees.