Started by Bear, September 27, 2017, 02:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 27, 2017, 04:25:04 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 27, 2017, 12:17:40 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 27, 2017, 10:39:55 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 27, 2017, 10:10:36 AM
Quote from: Bear on September 27, 2017, 02:24:32 AM

Bear--please, get those damn numbers off the board and please do it now.  The chances are strong we will never get those three countdowns the way we're going, and I am questioning the guts, drive, and heart of this team again.  They all should get their asses back in the lineup and go all out to win the division because we should all know they have a snowball's chance in hell of advancing in the post-season.  There was a time when players played through injuries and pain; now they get pablum fed to them by their agents and that horseshit manager of ours.

Fred, it makes no difference what players are on the field this team IS GOING NOWHERE and I can't believe that you don't see this.

Rob--I coached baseball for over 30 years and it is a hard pill to swallow for me to believe that somehow, some way, we can't cobble up two or three wins and hope for a Yankee loss in their next six games to eek out a AL East Title.   That would be good enough for me because I know this team is very flawed, and my personal daggers are now pointed at Jackie Bradley who has picked the worst time to go into one of his patented weeks long drought at the plate.  Prediction.....he will eventually become a fourth outfielder for some team because he simply cannot hit consistently enough to become a star.  A totally great fielder, we need bats more than  gloves and he is failing us.  Hell, even my foil Chrissie got three hits last night.  Get Pedroia and Mookie back in there and then give them the rest of the season off after Sunday to rest up.

Yeah, I believe they will get the division but beyond that, they need the other teams to help out with crappy plays since this team simply finds it hard to score runs with so many weak hitters.
With so many TERRIBLE CONTRACTS holding them back the next few years the only way they can compete against the Yanks who will be shedding tons of dollars the next couple years is going over the luxury tax and trading away wisely some youth. Ist base and 3rd are and should be the focus over the winter.

SeeRob, that's where we do differ.  I do not think we are in a good spot to hold on and win.  The mistakes with the lineup, injuries and poor managing may have caught up to us.  You would think, though, we could hold out for five more games.

markj

Schloicka

ipot

They tie it.   No thanks to Porcello who's on a mission to lose it.  Better start warming up Price.  Yank Porcello the minute he lets a guy on with less than 2 outs.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

markj

Quote from: markj on September 27, 2017, 06:19:06 PM
Game over already. This is a sad team.
That was a typo. Meant to say "Game On already. This ain't a bad team."

Bear

Bear

Relief pitcher coming in for Toronto.  You watching, John?

Schloicka

Not sure if JBJ's defense is worth having with how bad he looks at the plate so often.

Bear

longgame

Is Farrell stupid enough to send Porcello back out, even with this 5 run lead?  The smart thing to do is tell Rick "Thanks buddy, see you in Spring Training where I hope you can make the team, now clean out your locker."

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on September 27, 2017, 07:35:40 PM
Is Farrell stupid enough to send Porcello back out, even with this 5 run lead?  The smart thing to do is tell Rick "Thanks buddy, see you in Spring Training where I hope you can make the team, now clean out your locker."

Make the team? He's not going anywhere since he is still owed 42 million dollars through the next 2 years. Doubt the Sox are going to eat that.

Bear

Schloicka

With the hr's given up I'd think Sale was pitching.

Bear