WORLD SERIES GAME #5 SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT LA DODGERS

Started by markj, October 28, 2018, 10:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

When reality settles in and the agents start doing the talking, it's no longer 'yay team'.  I'd say of the above three Kelly us still a Sox.  He might be looked at as the closer in time.  I know Kelly was not a favorite on this board in Sept.  Redemption!!

longgame

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 29, 2018, 07:47:15 PM
I KNOW this is a Hot Stove topic -

THREE Red Sox World Series Pitchers are free agents
in 2019
Nathan Eovaldi
Joe Kelly
Craig Kimbrel

I, personally, would like to have them all back next season.

I think Kelly can possibly step up in to the closer role. No need to bring Kimbrel back.  I'd focus on Kelly and Brasier at the back end, Barnes and 5 players we don't yet know to round out the bullpen. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on October 28, 2018, 10:44:28 PM
Yo, Fred!!! They did it!!! Enjoy the parade!!!!

I just read the WS posts today markj…….Yes, I enjoyed the parade, so much so that I am angry I didn't get a chance to watch the other three they had this century.  What a parade, what a crowd, what a spirited morning and afternoon it was a highlight of my trip here.  AND WHAT A TEAM!!!!!!!! 

And can we all finally put our personal biases down on which of the past four WS Champions was the best of the bunch and simply all admit that the 2018 team was the best Red Sox was the greatest team in the club's history.  We all have our favorites but I have to believe this was the best.   To beat the Yankees on their home turf, to take care of the defending champions three straight on theirs and then to take care of the Dodgers on theirs, well what else is there that anyone has to believe to make them understand THAT THE 2018 TEAM WAS THE GREATEST RED SOX TEAM IN HISTORY...….