5. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B
6. Adam Duvall (R) LF
7. Nick Markakis (L) RF
8. Dansby Swanson (R) SS
9. Tyler Flowers (R) C

Gametime Temp: 82°F
Chance of Precip: 4%

Bill-806

As we go into the "LAST CALL" for 2020, I must say that as CRAZY as the 60 game season has been, I do like that the SOX have looked at a lot of PLAYERS on & off the roster and have come up with 4 to 6 that are ready to make their move on a full time basis, still a couple of moves to make, DEVERS ??? Again, it was quite the ride this year !!! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u iono iono iono rofl rofl

longgame

Last game for Roenicke thank goodness.

Last game for JBJ as a Sox?

Hopefully last game for Barnes!  (Better yet, hopefully he doesn't get in the game as he'd probably blow it!)

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 27, 2020, 01:10:22 PM
Last game for Roenicke thank goodness.

Last game for JBJ as a Sox?

Hopefully last game for Barnes!  (Better yet, hopefully he doesn't get in the game as he'd probably blow it!)

As for your last sentence Ted, AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Sea Dog 23

Devers plates  Bradley for the early lead.   Then Ozuna welcomes  Piveta with a tape measure job.  Piveta is getting balls up on the zone with  no movement.  He'll have to start throwing his cirve/slider for strikes to be successful.

Sea Dog 23

After the homer in the 1st, Pivetta settled in and held the Braves scoreless through 5 (92 pitch count)  Line was 1 run,  4 hits, 2 walks, 5 K's.  Good outing against a team that had hit him well while he was at Philly.

11452 92

zenjak

If nothing else, it was good to see the Sox put together a respectable final week of the season. There are a few gems in the turd pile.

SeaBeachFred

Houck and PIvetta did a good job this weekend in helping the Red Sox win the three game series against the NL East Champion Braves two to one.  We did have a pretty good last week but we know there is a lot of work to be done, especially on the pitching staff and names like Hall, Brice Walden Brewer Poyner, Hart and Weber shouldn't be among them.  Bloom has his work c ut out for him but he looks like he the man to get out of this rut we've been in the past two seasons. 
  We need an authentic ACE for our pitching staff, a reputable close (meaning not Barnes), development of our young pitchers and a leader on the baseball field because Bogaerts is not a leader type.  With good decisions and a rebuilt farm system we could make a comeback of sorts next season.  It looks like Dalbec is about ready and while most of you are down on Chavis, I still think he can become a solid power hitter for us and I like Christian Arroyo at second base from what I've seen even though I drool when I like of :Lemayhiew (sic) out there as a free agent.

longgame

All's well that ends and that's the best we can say about this season!

Of course some great highlights of some young players and there is hope for next year if the front office can get its act together, starting with a manager. 

Man what a short but painful season.  But they showed signs of life and finished with a 6-4 stretch of 10 games.  But for the record that's last place 4 times in the last 9 years which is simply not acceptable.