GAME #145, OAKLAND A'S AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 13, 2017, 01:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: Bear on September 13, 2017, 09:52:54 PM
We are consistently inconsistent.  Won't get to the playoffs this way.

If they do make the playoffs and face Tito's boys, they'll only get swept again anyway.

SeaBeachFred

I just hope I don't have to hear anybody say we've got it made tonight because a win is almost a sure thing.  T hat is pure BULLSHIT with this team.  There is no sure thing with any game we play because this very unlikable  team is capable of stinking up the ballpark on a moment's notice.  For the fourth time in the last two weeks we have failed to go 21 games over 500 and Fister still has trouble in the first inning and our pitching coach must have his finger up his ass to not be able to work out that kink.  Tomorrow we have to worry about Farrell screwing around with the lineup again.  He MUST play Pedroia tomorrow and to hell with a day game after a night game.  WE NEED HIS BAT BAT AND EXPERIENCE IN THE LINEUP, and he must bench Hanley at long last because he is not going to catch fire this season because it is too far gone and he looks absolutely horrid at the plate.  Why Leon??????  He is hitting 75 point less than Vazquez and, frankly, I'm sick and tired of this personal catcher bullshit.  We need to play our best nine me and be done with it.  I still think Farrell is going to blow this thing for us, and while tonight is Fister's fault, the fact that Ramirez and Leon got an 0 for 7 between them didn't help.  Get those two out of the lineup.

ipot

I posted earlier not to take Fister for granted.  THIS is the Fister to expect in every game; the previous 4 starts are just gravy.   The fact that they couldn't jump on a guy, Cooper, with 5.82 ERA coming into the game says more than Fister imploding on himself.

Tito's team will sweep these guys as an afterthought if we make it to the ALCS or ALDS. Sale vs Kluber neutralizes itself and then advantage Tribe for all other match-ups.  I just don't see it.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 13, 2017, 11:48:40 AM
We should be in good shape tonight, with our  ACE 1-A on the hill !! thumb_u rofl
As  DAD would say, "SON, you were wrong again" !!! thumb_d rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on September 13, 2017, 10:27:17 PM
Quote from: Bear on September 13, 2017, 09:52:54 PM
We are consistently inconsistent.  Won't get to the playoffs this way.

If they do make the playoffs and face Tito's boys, they'll only get swept again anyway.
TITOS boys may not lose another game this season !! thumb_u rofl

longgame

So the real issue is do they win tonight.  If they win 2 out of 3 the rest of the way they'll be fine.

markj

Even if they play 500-ish ball the rest of the way, the Yanks have to play 700 ball to overtake. It could happen, but the Sox would really have to tank now.

If Tito's crew keeps it up and doesn't suffer injuries, I can't see them losing the pennant.

longgame

Quote from: markj on September 14, 2017, 08:54:25 AM
Even if they play 500-ish ball the rest of the way, the Yanks have to play 700 ball to overtake. It could happen, but the Sox would really have to tank now.

If Tito's crew keeps it up and doesn't suffer injuries, I can't see them losing the pennant.

I'm worried about the end of the season when we're facing Houston who may be fighting for home field advantage versus the Yankees who will play TB.  Joe Torre will probably declare them all Yankee wins and send Tampa Bay home.