GAME #152, BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Bear, September 20, 2017, 04:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Hanley 3/5 with 3 RBI. Betts with a HR & triple with 2 RBI. Nice to see. Lot of good things tonight. Sale looked better than ever. Good all around game.

markj

Kudos to Sale. He's been dominant tonight. Love easy games like this.

markj

Quit farting round and end this with a shutout.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 20, 2017, 07:59:15 AM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 20, 2017, 07:49:55 AM
Will we see the real Sale tonight?

Equally importantly, will Wade Miley look like the second coming of Cy Young to this lineup?

Tel Rob the answer was yes, you question the answer was no......at least from the fourth inning on.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 20, 2017, 09:45:08 AM
Don't want to let those YANK$ hang around much longer.....  As DAD would say, "SON, let a team hang around long enough & bad things happen" !!!! thumb_d rofl

As long as we keep winning our games they can hang around all they want.  The ball is in our court and so far we have met every challenge.  I know there are ten games left for us and anything can happen but this team now looks like they are driven and determined to keep moving the ship along, though I too would like to see the Yankees stumble two or three times before the season ends.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 20, 2017, 07:30:18 PM
Sox offense showing a bit of power, although this is (or was) Miley they're facing. Sale is cruising. So far, so good.

mark, if I had been on the board when you wrote that missive I would have implored you to cool it a little because this same Miley embarrassed us in Boston a couple of weeks ago.  But reading it now, who cares?????  We got to him and Sale was magnificent.  He has two more starts in the regular season and need him like he was tonight, don't you agree?

ipot

Well, a little footnote: we've clinched at least a WC berth or "the buy-in game" depending on how one looks at it.  I'm not a fan of the 1 game WC.  Don't like it at all.  It should be a 2 out of 3.

But we want and MUST get the ALE title!
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

Why Hanley Ramirez is buying into 'The TB12 Method'

Rob Bradford

BALTIMORE -- The conversation started as some enlightenment as to how Hanley Ramirez was going to manage these bad shoulders of his, the ones that have kept him out the lineup for almost week.

Wednesday night marked the first time since last Thursday he was back in the batting order, so some kind of plan had to be put in place during the layoff to get the designated hitter ready for a possible postseason run. So, what was it?

"What I've been doing this past week, a lot of bands," Ramirez said. "You get stronger and faster. You have to send the message to your brain that you work fast. Quick hands."

The wording rang a bell. It sounded a lot like what we've been hearing every time Tom Brady's recently-book book 'The TB12 Method' was mentioned. Could what Ramirez was talking about be in line with the quarterback's message? It seems so.

"It does [work]," Ramirez said of the aforementioned kind of workout. "Five championships? Yeah, it does."

Ramirez went on to offer proof that he was practicing at least some of what Brady was preaching.

"I've got them right here. You want to see them?" he asked, referencing the bands he had been wearing out over the past week.

So off he went, through the clubhouse, across the hallway and into the visitors' weight room. A few seconds later, there they were: Exercise bands with the "TB12" logo imprinted on each.

The workout is all part of a process Ramirez planning to get him to a better place with his shoulders and entire body. The 33-year-old is entering potentially the final year of his contract, which has a vesting option for 2019 if he reaches 1,050 plate appearacnes between this season and next. Heading into Wednesday night he stood at 523 plate appearances for 2017.

Ramirez -- who says he has no plans to undergo any kind of surgery -- understands a new plan has to be put in place.

"Hell, yeah," he said when asked if he was going to do anything differently this offseason. "I'm going to jump in right after the last out of the World Series, go right back into the guy and I'm going to focus on my little muscles around my rotator cuff, hips and core.

"I'm not going to try and get too big but really, really strong, deep in my body. I'm already strong mentally. I just have to be strong with my small muscles because I'm getting older. That's exactly what I'm going to do. A lot of Yoga."

It isn't the first time Ramirez has chosen strengthening his shoulders instead of going the surgery route, having made a similar decision after the 2015 season. But, as he explained, last season heavier weights were prioritized, an approach the DH plans to go away from this time around.

"I was a little bit heavier with my weights. I was lifting a lot. I'm going to go lighter," he explained. "I just have to get [the shoulders] stronger. I've done it before."

http://www.weei.com/blogs/rob-bradford/why-hanley-ramirez-buying-tb12-method

Bill-806

NICE game......   Well played & Managed..... Sale gets his  300th  "K" .... That is something !!! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on September 21, 2017, 02:04:10 AM
Well, a little footnote: we've clinched at least a WC berth or "the buy-in game" depending on how one looks at it.  I'm not a fan of the 1 game WC.  Don't like it at all.  It should be a 2 out of 3.

Right, the AL East Title we must get.  At least it gives us a chance to set up our rotation and bullpen if we can take the prize and I would like to do it with about two or three games left and not let it draw down to the last day.  That is up to us to get it done.

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 21, 2017, 12:29:05 PM
Quote from: ipot on September 21, 2017, 02:04:10 AM

Right, the AL East Title we must get.  At least it gives us a chance to set up our rotation and bullpen if we can take the prize and I would like to do it with about two or three games left and not let it draw down to the last day.  That is up to us to get it done.

Yup.  Exactly the point.  Don't want to waste Sale on the WC and then, should we win, end up having him for 1 start in a 5 game ALDS.  Do we really want Porcello to open an ALDS?  Pomeranz has been really really good this year, but he's only going to give 6 inns.   This is when the "David Price as Andrew Miller" strategy becomes interesting....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee