GAME #151 - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2021 - BALTIMORE ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 19, 2021, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on September 20, 2021, 08:16:47 AM
The good thing about today is the Red Sox pick up a half game on either the Jays or Rays.  On the other hand they lose a half game also.

So they gained some distance back to the Jays, but lost ground on the Rays. Probably for the best since they weren't going to catch the Rays anyway.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 20, 2021, 12:29:10 PM
Anyone else worried about this bullpen by match-up strategy? A big part of that is that I don't think we've have had a championship sans official and decent closer. Not sure a convincing alternative solution exists, though.

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 20, 2021, 11:15:30 AM
.....HE STILL OVERMANAGES WAY TOO MUCH TO SUIT ME.
It's gotten to the point, for me, that I see him doing ANY move and my hairs start standing up as a first reaction. By the time I think it through, it's become second guessing. Well, most of the time. And then one night last week, maybe week before, I thought my wife had dozed off. I was startled to hear a, "Now w***t**f*** is he doing THAT for?"   Good times!

There could very well be more drama coming up for Cora.  With Whitlock having to come out of Sunday's game with 'pectoral tightness', that could be another hole to fill going forward.  Results of an MRI Monday is coming.  If Whit misses any time, it is thought Ottavino will be the go to guy, followed by the other cast of charactiers!

MongoLikeSox

Ouch! I was not aware of that story. That's a huge blow if that turns out ugly. I hope that kid's alright.

Sea Dog 23

Whitlock's MRI came back promising.  Only a "minor strain".  I had to read the CBS report a couple times, but it looks like it says he could avoid going on the IL.  COULD is the word.

"The pectoral strain is a minor one but could still send him to the injured list, Chris Cotillo of The Springfield Republican reports.

"Whitlock left Sunday's game against Oakland with what was originally described as right pectoral tightness. It turns out that he's dealing with a strain, but he could still potentially avoid a trip to the injured list. If he doesn't wind up being so lucky, however, he'll only be eligible to return for the final four days of the regular season."