GAME #150 - SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2021 - BALTIMORE ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 18, 2021, 09:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Woo hoo!!!

This is the strangest season I think I've seen, last year's gift of baseball notwithstanding.

Jinx avoidance time. If you were a mythical baseball team - call us the "Mudville Nine". Who would you not want to play the most in one gamer? Assume each has it's hottest pitcher lined up for you. Jays, Sox, Yanks, A's or Mariners?

longgame

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 18, 2021, 04:04:51 PM
Quote from: markj on September 18, 2021, 03:40:06 PM
Yankees lose. Sox now with a 1.5 game lead in the WC, although the Jays are currently winning, so that may change.
Get your tickets ready for the PLAYOFFS !!!!! NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Jays won their game.  Also Oakland has reentered the picture, only 3 games back.  The Jays won their game last night (1 back?)  But Jays have a tough road ahead.  Finish with series against both Yanks and Rays.  Plus Rays will toughen up, as they must keep ahead of Houston for best record and home field.  Incidentally, the winner of the AL WIld Card game would have to play in Tampa for the ALDS. if Im reading it right.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 19, 2021, 09:04:43 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on September 18, 2021, 04:04:51 PM
Quote from: markj on September 18, 2021, 03:40:06 PM
Yankees lose. Sox now with a 1.5 game lead in the WC, although the Jays are currently winning, so that may change.
Get your tickets ready for the PLAYOFFS !!!!! NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Jays won their game.  Also Oakland has reentered the picture, only 3 games back.  The Jays won their game last night (1 back?)  But Jays have a tough road ahead.  Finish with series against both Yanks and Rays.  Plus Rays will toughen up, as they must keep ahead of Houston for best record and home field.  Incidentally, the winner of the AL WIld Card game would have to play in Tampa for the ALDS. if Im reading it right.

I think that's the case.  Basically the next three weeks or so are the AL East playoffs and Tampa Bay has a bye to the final series.