6. Pedro Severino (R) C
7. Ryan McKenna (R) LF
8. Pat Valaika (R) SS
9. Kelvin Gutierrez (R) 3B

Gametime Temp: 66°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

longgame

Sea Dog 23

It could be we don't see Arroyo again this season.  I saw an article on Boston.com today that Taylor and Arroyo are the only two players who have yet to get vaccinated.  Of course the MLBPA may object to a player getting singled out like that.  Ottavino is alarmed by the attitude of some of the players.  Barnes thinks the recent outbreak may have started during a 3+ hour rain delay in the Cleveland series.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2021/09/17/red-sox-covid-19-outbreak-adam-ottavino/

MongoLikeSox

Barnes did not have a good night in Portland the other night. I guess we'll find out soon enough today if he's back or not. Frankly, if he's got some tidying up to do, I'd rather it be down there.

I don't get that overview article's purpose. I don't mean to sound nasty about Alex Speier, but I cannot take anything he says as anything but being from the Red Sox press department fodder. I LIKE Alex Speier, best i can tell. Seems like a genuine baseball geek. It's the position he's in that grinds at me. Ever since that "you should be all in on this" piece regarding the Sandoval comeback during a pennant race somewhere in 2016-2017(IIRC). I genuinely feel bad for him sometimes.

Anyhow, I hope Arroyo played part of last night's game. I hope he's ready soon enough.

Oh well. Go Sox! I hope they win the weekend. I can't watch them due to blackout restrictions. Nationals, either. I've got 5 TV games left. It's like reliving Vermont/NH in September of 1980 or something.   

elktonnick

Boston in their alternate marathon unies for the entire series.  So it looks like the Orioles are playing the Canaries!!

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on September 17, 2021, 06:29:22 PM
Boston in their alternate marathon unies for the entire series.  So it looks like the Orioles are playing the Canaries!!

They look like Peeps. 

I get the MASN broadcasts for these games and you can tell poor Jim Palmer just wishes he could call a game with guys like ours.

markj

Some defensive work (for a change) from Bogey and Dalbec.

markj

Is he really going to pull Sale with only 5 IP and a pitch count of 79? He's going to turn a 2-run game over to the BP? Does Cora not watch these games? WTF?

markj

Dalbec continues to impress at 1B. Some really nice picks of lousy throws.

markj

markj

markj

longgame

Sale is still recovering and also just had an IL stay so I figured he wouldn’t go any further.

Nice to see them score some runs against a bad team, but Barnes still stinks!

markj

Barnes stumbles and bumbles his way through the inning, but didn't give up a run.

markj

Fairly easy win. Still a lot of LOBsters for the Sox, but at least they limited hits from the O's.