Quote from: markj on September 14, 2021, 12:49:25 PM
10:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Nathan Eovaldi (R)

Mariners

Tyler Anderson (L)

Gametime Temp: 65°F
Chance of Precip: 8%

No more damn excuses Cora as has been your habit.  Get your team ready and win that game tonight and tomorrow.  In other words WIN THIS DAMN SERIES.  Dalbec at first, not the Schwarb and get your best nine hitters into that lineup if possible.  I hope Alex knows what he's doing today because he hasn't been too swift upstairs since 2018.

orwell

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 14, 2021, 02:58:55 PM
Red Sox

Nathan Eovaldi (R)

Mariners

Tyler Anderson (L)

No more damn excuses Cora as has been your habit.  Get your team ready and win that game tonight and tomorrow.  In other words WIN THIS DAMN SERIES.  Dalbec at first, not the Schwarb and get your best nine hitters into that lineup if possible.  I hope Alex knows what he's doing today because he hasn't been too swift upstairs since 2018.

A rare Red Sox game on TV up here. Like yhe lineup. Hoping for 'good' Eovaldi.

markj

Quote from: orwell on September 14, 2021, 09:16:08 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 14, 2021, 02:58:55 PM
Red Sox

Nathan Eovaldi (R)

Mariners

Tyler Anderson (L)

A rare Red Sox game on TV up here. Like yhe lineup. Hoping for 'good' Eovaldi.

First pitch is a base hit. Not a good omen.

markj

markj

Schloicka

Sea Dog 23

Eovaldi is now our ace I guess.  A win win for the Sox.  Also Rays put a halt to Jays bats.  A shutout, only the third for Jays this year.

Bill-806

PINCH ME !!!!  WIN, WIN, WIN !!!!!!! thumb_u iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

When I went to sleep I didn't have a good feeling.  Sox bats seem to be good for a run or two early and then leave guys all over.  For once they got some timely hitting late apparently. 

Eovaldi had a classic 2021 Red Sox inning.  Gives up a single to the leadoff man (he causes himself more trouble than he needs some times).  Then a dribbler, then a bloop and then Renfroe inexplicably drops a ball in his glove.  I couldn't take much more after that! 

Now go win tonight to take the series, get a day off and start feasting on the O's, Nats and Mets - oh and take care of the Yankees at Fenway!  15 games left, I'd say the Sox need at least 10 of them.

MongoLikeSox

The stat I heard after Renfroe dropped the ball was that he had 11 errors. Dang! Not all of that is glove to ball as OB suggested. Missed targets when slinging it with that arm of his and a rather unfortunate(and comical) lack of coordination with bouncing balls near any outfield wall add to those numbers.

Being ever so curious, quite the geek and needing something to do while eating lunch led me to the stats pages. The RF'ers at 2nd, 3rd and 1 of the guys tied at 4th total 11 errors between them. Three of those RF'ers (Renfroe, Gallo, Judge) also represent 1-2-3 on the OF assists list.

And finally, JDM has a total of 25 OF errors in 831 starts. (15 in RF)  Imagine the actually getting close enough to the ball to catch it factor in all of this. LOL   J/K 

longgame

Renfroe doesn't always take the greatest route to balls and has had a few questionable plays with the glove, which was why I was surprised when he was leading all OFs in assists for a while. 

Remember a couple of years ago when we had the best OF in baseball?  Speaking of which, Beni had a good week and was player of the week last week.  Good to see.  I think Verdugo is the bat they thought that Beni was but not the glove.  JBJ on the other hand has actually become worse hitting .165.  Can't imagine a guy playing that much can be so bad.  Mookie's best years are with Boston too.

SeaBeachFred

Good to see they came back and won the game.  But it means little if they do NOT win this series.  They must make hay today with another win.