GAME #148 - WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ SEATTLE MARINERS

Started by markj, September 15, 2021, 08:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 16, 2021, 08:17:15 PM
Yankees blow a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th on the last O's batter with a wild pitch that allowed a runner on 3rd to come home. Then the O's ended it with a run in the 10th. So the Yanks are now a half game out of the WC race.

Note to Red Sox: The O's aren't going away quietly.

Of all the posts you've logged on this board markj. this is in my opinion the most important one of them all.  I would warn  the Red Sox and all my colleagues here to study it carefully and not get carried away.  The Orioles don't like the Red Sox any more than they like the Yankees and don't think they wouldn't want to spoil it for us in spades.  No talk of a sweep; only a win tonight for three in a row and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.  Keep in mind that when we talk of sweeps it doesn't seem to be in the Red  Sox DNA 90 % of the time.  Either there is a let down or Cora gets a brain cramp and decides to rest  couple of our players who don't need it or, as has been the case throughout the season, he decides to give one of his favorites a spot in the lineup.  Win tonight!!!!!!  We should win this series but it has to be done on the field

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 17, 2021, 02:22:07 PM
Quote from: markj on September 16, 2021, 08:17:15 PM
Yankees blow a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th on the last O's batter with a wild pitch that allowed a runner on 3rd to come home. Then the O's ended it with a run in the 10th. So the Yanks are now a half game out of the WC race.

Note to Red Sox: The O's aren't going away quietly.

Of all the posts you've logged on this board markj. this is in my opinion the most important one of them all.  I would warn  the Red Sox and all my colleagues here to study it carefully and not get carried away.  The Orioles don't like the Red Sox any more than they like the Yankees and don't think they wouldn't want to spoil it for us in spades.  No talk of a sweep; only a win tonight for three in a row and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.  Keep in mind that when we talk of sweeps it doesn't seem to be in the Red  Sox DNA 90 % of the time.  Either there is a let down or Cora gets a brain cramp and decides to rest  couple of our players who don't need it or, as has been the case throughout the season, he decides to give one of his favorites a spot in the lineup.  Win tonight!!!!!!  We should win this series but it has to be done on the field

Hear, Hear.  As good as the Yanks have done with the bottom feeders this year, when it came to the Orioles, they could only do 11-8.  And that's a team that has already lost 99 games.