GAME #144 - SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Started by markj, September 11, 2021, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Wow, Taylor holds the 1-run lead and the Sox win 9-8. The game never should have been that close, but at least they won.

BoSoxFanNY

WOW -
The Red Sox actually pulled this game off.

SCORED off Craig Kimbrel to tie the game.- sweet

RED Sox 9 - WHITE Sox 8

Schloicka

markj

Sox, Yanks, and Jays all with 63 in the loss column. Essentially a 3-way tie for the WC, although the Sox have 2 games (wins) over the Jays and Yanks.

Sea Dog 23

Really good turns coming out of the pen by Robles, Feliz and Whitlock.  Ottavino, Hernandez, Valdez, Gonsalves, and Ort  may all be available for the fire drill on Sunday.

Sox now have 41 comeback wins this season.  That is some mojo for this team going forward, however this season ends.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on September 11, 2021, 08:14:40 PM
Yea Raffy blew the play but I do not like that alignment of having the 3rd baseman play shortstop.  I prefer the alignment where the SS stays in his natural spot and the third baseman moves to the right side of second.  In that alignment only one guy is out of position instead of two.  Plus I think they shift way too much.  Their defense is too porous to shift as much as they do imo.
B I N G O  !!!  That makes sense to me , but I am not the manager !!!  Raffy will neva be confused with FRANK MALZONE !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

MongoLikeSox

That was two games in one. Maybe three games in one. A Red Sox stomping, Red Sox getting stomped, then a tie game pitching duel. Took the time of two games, too. Kind of fun in an odd, "let's go to the Dentists!!!!" kind of way.

Wasn't Seabold the real prize for our big deadline trade last year? The overview & bio on the MLB Site's Red Sox Top-30 prospects list looks about right, even with the iffy performance last night. I would have liked to see him left in for an inning to see if he rebounded at all after throwing a good(albeit risky) pitch to get out of it. That said, Cora needed a W worse than pitcher development, so can't blame him too much.

It was very nice to see Whitlock recover from the previous beat-down. By that time, though, I was fading and didn't get to see a whole lot of his performance. In the previous game, it looked to me like he relied a lot more on the heater than he was earlier in the year. Was that still the case last night?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 11, 2021, 09:00:51 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 11, 2021, 08:39:40 PM
Explain to me WHY Cora takes out Seabold after 3 innings?????
He gave up 1 two run home run.
The Sox gave him a 5 run lead.

THEN, Richards comes in and gives back the lead.

WTF?????

Well no runs would of been given up if Devers doesn't commit an error on a DP ball.

Devers---Our DH of the future if the Red Sox possess any grey matter at all in their heads.  He simply is not and will never be a consistent glove at third base.  His position should be hitter and run producer---PERIOD!!!!!

elktonnick

Fred I disagree completely.  Devers will be a gold glove 3rd baseman. All his errors stem from one source.  He tries to throw too quickly.  That error yesterday was because he tried to throw before he had a grip on the ball.  Finally like I posted earlier I do not like that alignment on the shift.  If I recall when Tampa Bay originally employed that shift Maddon  had Langoria play the right side of second.  Why have two guys out of position.