GAME #143 - FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Started by markj, September 10, 2021, 09:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Crappy outing by Houck. Leaving before the end of the 4th having given up 4 runs. Cora is going to burn up some BP arms tonight.

markj

Sox get out of that bases loaded jam. Dalbec made a nice pick of a crappy throw from Xander. I'm getting more and more confident in Dalbec's abilities at 1B. And his improvement at the plate makes him a valid starter.

markj

And as I typed that last post, he nailed a solo dinger. The kid has come along nicely as of late.

markj

Starting lineup corrected. Anyone know why JDM is out? Just a rest day?

markj

markj

Dalbec with a triple to add to his solo dinger. It's a shame the rest of the Sox can't buy a hit.

markj

markj

MongoLikeSox

What a pen they have, eh? That should serve them well, especially if they can get Kopech on track.

I dunno about JDM. Hopefully a scheduled off day. Vasquez had a 2 day break and is running is butt off, blocking tough pitches and throwing guys out.

markj

PH'ing Shaw for Kike? WTF? Shaw hasn't done squat since his first two ABs.

markj

Oh well, at least everyone else in the ALE race lost tonight, so status quo.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on September 10, 2021, 11:01:05 PM
Oh well, at least everyone else in the ALE race lost tonight, so status quo.
So sad to see the SOX not able to take advantage of the other teams defeats. My gosh, it is September ?? iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 10, 2021, 08:49:33 PM
Sox get out of that bases loaded jam. Dalbec made a nice pick of a crappy throw from Xander. I'm getting more and more confident in Dalbec's abilities at 1B. And his improvement at the plate makes him a valid starter.

And I'm getting more and more convinced that Devers' future is at DH, Casas at first and Dalbec at third.  And under no circumstances is Bogaerts to be resigned to a new contract.  Shortstop is for our No. 1 draftee who was rated as the best prospect in the country and draft.  He is that good.

MongoLikeSox

Devers is the best worst fielder, or maybe the worst best fielder(?) I can remember.   

Speaking of enigmas. Did Jeter Downs have a massive let down year for himself or what? He was supposed to be the next 2B. Did he get promoted to AAA too soon?