GAME #141 - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2021 - TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 06, 2021, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Sox have scored 22 runs in the last 3 games. Normally that would be a good thing. But they've given up 34 runs in the same 3 games. Horrible pitching and lousy defense is killing them.

markj

Blue Jays are suddenly a threat to the Sox WC chances. Only 2 games back and on a winning streak. They have a shot at taking 2nd in the ALE.

SeaBeachFred

If Nathan Eovaldi cannot go out there and give us a win tomorrow I think it is about time to throw in the towel on 2021.  We look like a pack of bums out there with piss poor pitching  sloppy defense and inability to win even when we score nine and seven runs in two of the games..  We have just shit the bed for the season.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 07, 2021, 03:15:18 PM
Looking for a "SOLID"  4 INNINGS !!!!! iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl
WELL, ANOTHER  predictable outing for the E-MAN !!!!  QUESTION , when was the last time E-ROD has hit a batter ????  The hitters are dug in & it looks like basketballs floating in !!!!  Get rid of him, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

This was over when E-Rod and Renfroe combined for 3 runs and then they led off the next inning with 2 doubles and could only manage to get one of them in. 

MongoLikeSox

I made it until part of the way into the 7th,  IIRC. Whatever inning it was when Peacock started his disaster. I saw Dalbec went in for Devers. Did they say why? I can't find anything.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 08, 2021, 12:59:22 PM
I made it until part of the way into the 7th,  IIRC. Whatever inning it was when Peacock started his disaster. I saw Dalbec went in for Devers. Did they say why? I can't find anything.

You made it a little further than me.  I checked out at the end of the 5th.  I think Dalbec went in just to give Devers a rest in the blowout.  Dalbec should be in the lineup though.  Too bad we have 3 outfielders who are okay, a DH who is underperforming for him, a young 1B coming into his own and a 1B/OF/DH who is pretty good.  If we had someone who could play CF other than Kike they'd be able to fit them in, but it sucks that they're limited here.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on September 08, 2021, 01:28:30 PM

You made it a little further than me.  I checked out at the end of the 5th.  I think Dalbec went in just to give Devers a rest in the blowout.  Dalbec should be in the lineup though.  Too bad we have 3 outfielders who are okay, a DH who is underperforming for him, a young 1B coming into his own and a 1B/OF/DH who is pretty good.  If we had someone who could play CF other than Kike they'd be able to fit them in, but it sucks that they're limited here.
Remember this name , DURAN !!!!   ( on the covid relief program)

MongoLikeSox

I agree. Dalbec has made huge strides in the past 4-5 weeks. Even better the past couple weeks as his patience and eye has come on strong, save a jumpy game or two.

I agree on that positioning muckity muck. Damned if we do, damned if we don't as far as getting Schwarber's concerned. Do we get to this point without his influence? I hate that adage, "good problem to have". It's a crappy problem to have. This year more than ever when timing is the key to hitting even low, like what .265 used to be. Especially when the Manager is afraid of a few players and only manages the kids.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 08, 2021, 03:10:42 PM

Remember this name , DURAN !!!!   ( on the covid relief program)
I remember the name. I thought his speed would have done better for us out there. He was a little apprehensive out there. I'm looking forward to when he "gets it", so to speak.

What a tough year it's been for rookies everywhere except Tampa with Franco. Seems like everywhere to me.