GAME #140 - MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2021 - TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 05, 2021, 10:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT -
Sox lose.  Rays 11 - Sox 10
I thought we had a good chance to win this game,
especially when the Sox scored 6 runs in the second inning.
Sale gave up 5 runs and the bullpen just could't hold the lead.

SO close.
The Yankees lost and the Sox had the opportunity to go
ahead of the Yankees . . .

DANG IT - just couldn't get that BIG hit to put the game
out of reach in the later innings.
4 errors - unacceptable.

DANG IT!

Schloicka

6 unearned runs is hard to overcome. Still had a chance and couldn't get it done.

elktonnick

Verdugo played a terrible centerfield today.  In fairness to him I thought just about everyone stunk up the joint today.

markj

Plenty of blame to go around. Remove any one of those errors and it's a much different game. But Verdugo's missed catch was huge.

Bill-806

I have nevaaaaa seen a baseball game like that !!!  howevaa , "VICTORY GOES TO THOSE THAT WANT IT THE MOST, WANT IT THE LONGEST" !!!!!   BTW , DEVERS WILL NEVAA BE CONFUSED WITH FRANK MALZONE !!!!!  PINCH ME , WHAT A GAME TO WATCH !!!!! iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

The C19/IL is biting this team in the butt.  Players not playing their normal positions,  Verdugo is more comfortable as a corner outfielder.  Kike' was signed to play 2B/CF, and a natural in CF, but he's not available.  The errors by Motter, he has only played a few games at the MLB level this year,  his first one for Boston, and  for the most part in AAA.  Renfroe, a good corner OF, but I think he is pressing at times.

MongoLikeSox

This one was gut wrenching. It hurt big time. Like you guys said earlier, plenty of blame to go around.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 06, 2021, 06:16:51 PM
This one was gut wrenching. It hurt big time. Like you guys said earlier, plenty of blame to go around.

We gave away a big lead, Sale pitched poorly, the bullpen was lousy and our defense was pathetic.  Couple those disasters with still a chance to win in the ninth inning with two on and only one out and then crap out?  It tells me only one thing....we stunk and didn't deserve to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longgame

I'm glad I missed most of this. Was visiting my son, had music the whole drive home and then tuned into the game to see it was 7-5 in the 4th Sale   Verdugo had just given up a bunch of runs.  Between guys out of position or guys literally out of their leagues (Mottah or whatever) it was amazing they stayed in it.  Sort of dozed off at one point and then saw it was 8-7, then woke up top watch them lost it in the 10th. 

Good news is Hernandez is back today - and after two weeks off he should be in CF every day.  Let's get Arroyo back too.  The pitching, I honestly can't say that any of the slop we're putting together is any better than the guys on the IL.