GAME #139 - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2021 - CLEVELAND INDIANS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 04, 2021, 07:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

markj

Yep, Rays, Yanks, and A's all lost, so status quo. Shame that the Sox couldn't pull off a win and gain some nice ground in the standings.

Sea Dog 23

Fred, that is a tough slate of games coming as you said. Rays and Chisox/Seattle on the road  I don’t know if we have the pitching to win even 3-4 of those upcoming games.  We’ve got a few starters, but who is going to pitch four innings of relief?  It’s a tough stretch.  They’re trying to keep Raffy in a bubble it sounds like to the press â€" to keep him healthy. I’ve never seen anything like it.  Shaunessy of the Globe could jump Cora again next week.  That guy’s a nasty reporter.

There's some better news from Cora post-game.  As elk suggested Pivetta seemed to turn up a false-positive.  They'll test again.  As far as Santana's situation, he did not test positive, but they held him out because he was "feeling ill".  With that said, I do value Santana more than having Franchy in his spot - multiple positions, speed on the bases, but really small potatoes at that spot on the roster.

MongoLikeSox

Shaunessy is indeed a nasty reporter. I used to think Ryan and Buckley as ill-tempered and purposefully combative. Shaunessy is next level when he wants/needs to be. Makes the others sound like bar-drunks. I have to admit, though, this time, I'm hoping he goes after them on certain issues.

elktonnick

Couldn't disagree more.  Dan Shaughnessy is one of baseball's premier sportswriters. He is also an associate editor of the Globe which is owned by John Henry.  Remember he co authored Terry Francona's book.  I suspect but can not be sure he has Henry's ear.

MongoLikeSox

I thought he was on a mission to run Epstein out on rails 15 years ago or so, or whenever it was when he and the team pres had their ongoing little tiff run overboard and sent Theo out for a year.