Dodgers sign Glasnow

Started by longgame, December 15, 2023, 07:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on December 23, 2023, 04:09:38 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on December 23, 2023, 10:57:44 AM
After YY Ive come back down to earth, like you guys have.  I saw a good scenario of what is about to happen, the way Boston (post Dombrowdki) always does these things.

Snell and Montgomery/Boras will get offers from teams where they really want to play, then take the offers to Sox and ask for another $50 mill.  Sox will walk away from those guys.

They then go to the trade market for Cease and Burnes.   Teams will want Mayer or Casas or Bello in the trade. Then are reminded that these guys are becoming free-agents in a year, and Boras loves to shop clients in free-agency.

Like a well oiled machine Boston will then contact pitchers Imanaga/Stroman/Giolito or some other arm who they think can be done over as a reclamation project.  It's all in the cards, my friends.

I think that it is what is going to come down Sea Dog.  Then it will be up to Red Sox fans to boycott games, refuse to watch then on TV and buy not one of their products.  Henry has to get the message and with some smarts should now understand that he has in a short five year span undone all the good he achieved when he bought the team and made it winners.  He now has become a running joke and disagrace as an owner.

Fred, I was rushing to judgment.  Apparently Brez can walk and chew gum at the same time, he is entertaining Teoscar at the same time as putting in a call for James Paxton.  Could Paxton be his new pitching mainstay?  Just wow!!

From Tyler McMillan today,
“In the aftermath of the Yamamoto news, one industry official was speculating on how the Red Sox might pivot to find the necessary starting pitching. When I suggested free agent Jordan Montgomery as a good fall-back option, the official scoffed and offered that even Montgomery would be too expensive for the Red Sox’s current budget plans.”   (Lawd have mercy)