Main Menu

Roster turnover

Started by Sea Dog 23, August 10, 2021, 01:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

It seems the Front Office has told Cora changes are soon to be on the way.  On Masslive … Richards will not start this week in favor of Houck vs NYY, Richards to the pen  2) they are almost ready to option Dalbec to AAA and  someone coming off the IL for 1B.  Arroyo/Schwarber. Arroyo more likely in better health. 3) Marwin,  a Cora favorite could very well be optioned or released  for someone like Yairo Munoz (on a 30 game hitting streak). 4) Sawamura and Darwinzon possible to the IL with Brasier likely getting ready and Whitlock getting 7th and 8th inning work.

In the end Bloom will have to release players from the protected 40 man roster to acquire players like Munoz and activate Sale/Brasier.  That could mean the release of Marwin, Santana, and/or Arauz and other high prospects in the system.

Of note, nothing definite has happened, this is news from a reporter.

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2021/08/boston-red-sox-could-be-on-the-verge-of-roster-shakeup-garrett-richards-to-bullpen-bobby-dalbec-to-woosox-among-possibilities.html

longgame

They'll have to make some moves and there's so much dead weight it's going to be race to see who they throw overboard first.  Clearly Gonzalez and Santana should be gone.  There's no place for veterans who can't play.  We've got plenty of kids who are just as bad but at least have some upside potential. 

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 10, 2021, 01:35:46 PM
It seems the Front Office has told Cora changes are soon to be on the way.  On Masslive … Richards will not start this week in favor of Houck vs NYY, Richards to the pen  2) they are almost ready to option Dalbec to AAA and  someone coming off the IL for 1B.  Arroyo/Schwarber. Arroyo more likely in better health. 3) Marwin,  a Cora favorite could very well be optioned or released  for someone like Yairo Munoz (on a 30 game hitting streak). 4) Sawamura and Darwinzon possible to the IL with Brasier likely getting ready and Whitlock getting 7th and 8th inning work.

In the end Bloom will have to release players from the protected 40 man roster to acquire players like Munoz and activate Sale/Brasier.  That could mean the release of Marwin, Santana, and/or Arauz and other high prospects in the system.

Of note, nothing definite has happened, this is news from a reporter.

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2021/08/boston-red-sox-could-be-on-the-verge-of-roster-shakeup-garrett-richards-to-bullpen-bobby-dalbec-to-woosox-among-possibilities.html
B I N G O  !!!! Do it NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Apparently Richards was upset about being sent to the bullpen.  The guy lacks any sense of self awareness.  In his mind he just mows them down!

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on August 12, 2021, 07:51:09 AM
Apparently Richards was upset about being sent to the bullpen.  The guy lacks any sense of self awareness.  In his mind he just mows them down!
YES & DE-DE , I have noticed it too, "DAT BOY AIN'T RIGHT " !!!!!!

Sea Dog 23

The moves have started.  Marwin is gone as in DFAd gone.  Schwarber is up, to play against O's on Friday.

There are some saying Santana and his groin are the next to go to make room for Yairo Munoz.  No doubt there are lots of moves coming.  Sox can no longer carry dead weight.   Since the trades were a bust, it's time to see what is of value in AA and AAA moving this team forward into 22.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 13, 2021, 04:29:48 PM
The moves have started.  Marwin is gone as in DFAd gone.  Schwarber is up, to play against O's on Friday.

There are some saying Santana and his groin are the next to go to make room for Yairo Munoz.  No doubt there are lots of moves coming.  Sox can no longer carry dead weight.   Since the trades were a bust, it's time to see what is of value in AA and AAA moving this team forward into 22.
Now GRASSHOPPER , time is slipping away !!!   "LIKE SAND THROUGH THE HOUR GLASS, SO ARE THE DAYS OF A BASEBALL SCHEDULE " !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

The Sox actually had the trade for their 1B.  A good source is sure Bloom worked with the Padres to take Hosmer and his bloated contract. plus a high value farm hand for a couple of our prospects.  That would be similar to the Padres trade of Myers for Mookie a couple years ago. 

The Hosmer deal was contingent on SD getting Craig Kimbrell.  That didn’t happen and Bloom was back to square one.  Take it for what it’s worth,  a stale cup of coffee right now.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 15, 2021, 04:11:52 AM
The Sox actually had the trade for their 1B.  A good source is sure Bloom worked with the Padres to take Hosmer and his bloated contract. plus a high value farm hand for a couple of our prospects.  That would be similar to the Padres trade of Myers for Mookie a couple years ago. 

The Hosmer deal was contingent on SD getting Craig Kimbrell.  That didn’t happen and Bloom was back to square one.  Take it for what it’s worth,  a stale cup of coffee right now.
THINGS NEVAA  HAPPEN FAST ENOUGH IN BASEBALL ..... Actually , I like Blooms TAMPA BAY RAYS background/upbringing !!!! iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 15, 2021, 04:11:52 AM

If there's legs to that story that would leave Bloom largely off the hook.  Of course, if Dalbec really gets into a hot run with the bat we just might be ok as long as Cora doesn't get tempted to get one of his pets like Santana or French Fry back into that lineup.  I'd like to see both go and join Marwin somewhere else, but when all is said and done it is important for the Red Sox to get on a good streak and make a late summer move and that can only be done with winning series after series for the next month.  That just might put them in the running for a good post season berth.  My heart and head still say that while it is possible I still have a few doubts.  Hopefully the team will erase them.  As in taking on the Yankees this coming week and prevailing in that series for a start.

longgame

The Hosmer deal was rumored for a few days there but it never seemed to gain steam.  I didn't hear any of the back story though.  Interesting.

Dalbec may have figured things out over the past few days.  He's been hitting the ball all over.  Let's hope this is the start of a tear for the kid.  Odd man out would be Duran in that case but I'm guessing they'll want to spell Schwarber here and there at least for the first couple of weeks.

Two games next week in NY are big.  I thought we had knocked them out back in July before the swoon let them back in.

Sea Dog 23

Ole buddy Travis Shaw is apparently the next experiment at 1B.  On waivers from the Brewers.

"In 56 games for the Brewers before the injury, Shaw struggled at the plate, slashing .191/.279/.337 with six homers and 28 RBIs. However, Shaw has been known as a streaky hitter throughout his career, and the Red Sox hope to get him hot down the stretch."

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 15, 2021, 03:07:45 PM
Ole buddy Travis Shaw is apparently the next experiment at 1B.  On waivers from the Brewers.

"In 56 games for the Brewers before the injury, Shaw struggled at the plate, slashing .191/.279/.337 with six homers and 28 RBIs. However, Shaw has been known as a streaky hitter throughout his career, and the Red Sox hope to get him hot down the stretch."
FENWAY PAAK WILL HELP HIM FIND HIS WAY !!!!  IF HEALTHY , THIS IS A GOOD PICKUP ?? thumb_u iono iono

longgame

Can't hurt to have a legitimate 1B. 

Sea Dog 23

Things are moving along.  Bloom must have known that he had more pieces coming.  By releasing Marwin for Schwarber, he lost a 2B/1B.  Word today is Arroyo is getting in shape and could play Friday.  Who does Arroyo replace, my bet is Arauz, another infielder.  I think Franchy’s days are numbered as well.