5. Gleyber Torres (R) SS
6. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
7. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
8. Gary Sanchez (R) C
9. Clint Frazier (R) LF

Game time Temp: 60°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

Since it would be very nice to finally win one from the Yankees I was taken back when rumdumb Roenicke decided to pitch Eovaldi yesterday instead of saving him for a Yankee team he has had some success pitching against.  BUT NO, the dummy pit ched Nathan yesterday in a game hat means nothing to us psychologically and is pitching Martin Perez tonight against the Yankees.  Yes that Perez who last season  had a 9.60 ERA against them.  I won't waste my time watching this farce tonight on MLB since I know the outcome already.  The only mystery is how badly we're going to get mauled and if we will even one damn game against the Bronxites this season  We're already 0-7 against them with five to go.

Sea Dog 23

Whatever  the result, it's gonna be a long game.  I saw a stat this morning that Sox play the longest games.  I think it was 3:40 min. Four games over 5 hours!

longgame

At least they finally have a home game against the Yankees.  Of course not sure it means much, plus the Yankees seem to have most of their lineup back.

There's some hope that Perez can throw well, but the bullpen will have to come in and blow the game pitch a few innings at some point.

It may go long but I can only take so much of watching these guys!

longgame

Sox threaten but Bogey hits a weak grounder and Warning Track Martinez flies out.  Story of the year. 

Sea Dog 23

I can't get the game tonight.  Why did Verdugo exit?  Sheesh.  Our only  .300 hitter that is playong.

elktonnick

Christian Arroyo is really making a strong case for starting at 2nd base.  Martin Perez is also making a statement for his being in the starting rotation next year.

elktonnick

I really wish O'brien would stop telling us how wonderful these Red Sox relievers are!!!!!

elktonnick

Chavis is looking less and less capable of facing major league pitching.

elktonnick

Why didn't RR pinch run for JDM in the 10 th ?  Does anyone look more  pathetic at the plate than Martinez ?  His swing has become robotic.  Jim Rice observed that Martinez is swinging at a spot rather than at the ball.  Watching him last night one could see how accurate Rice's observations were.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on September 19, 2020, 08:32:08 AM
Why didn't RR pinch run for JDM in the 10 th ?  Does anyone look more  pathetic at the plate than Martinez ?  His swing has become robotic.  Jim Rice observed that Martinez is swinging at a spot rather than at the ball.  Watching him last night one could see how accurate Rice's observations were.

What was Hyers hired to do?  He is the hitting coach.  He could analyze the thing, but I'd imagine giving JD advice, with his psyche,  might resemble a chat with Reggie Jackson.

SeaBeachFred

Barnes is a no good God damn choking POS!!!!!!!!!  He does not have the psychological strength , the guts or the toughness to be a closer-----as I have said so often before.  A good closer is successful 80-90% of the time.  If you check the meatball's stats in that dept. since he started closing occasionally in 2016 they are barely 50% if that.  HE MUST NOT CLOSE FOR US NEXT SEASON  OR WHAT WE SAW LAST NIGHT WILL BECOME AN ALMOST DAILY AFFAIR.  i HATE THAT BASTARD.