5. Chris Davis (L) 1B
6. Hanser Alberto (R) 2B
7. Rio Ruiz (L) 3B
8. Pedro Severino (R) C
9. DJ Stewart (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

BoSoxFanNY

Excited for BoSox baseball - actually BASEBALL.
Although I honestly don't think that MLB will play the entire
shortened season due to COVID 19.

IF Juan Soto of the Washington Nationals just tested positive for the virus yesterday -
shouldn't his team be quarantined?
How does that work?
AND I watched the Yankees-Nationals, Giants-Dodgers games last night.
Except for the managers and a few players - I did not see lots of masks.
The play on the field was the same - HOW will they social distance to keep themselves safe.

Just saying . . .
Truly don't this shortened season will make it to the playoffs.

Hope I am wrong, but . . .

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 24, 2020, 02:35:49 PM

IF Juan Soto of the Washington Nationals just tested positive for the virus yesterday -
How does that work?
The play on the field was the same - HOW will they social distance to keep themselves safe.

Just saying . . .

Bo, all I want and am hoping for is an opening game win tonight.  It would be swell if the hitters hit, Nathan pitches outstanding ball and the bulpen doesn't fall on its face.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 24, 2020, 02:58:57 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 24, 2020, 02:35:49 PM

How does that work?

Just saying . . .

Bo, all I want and am hoping for is an opening game win tonight.  It would be swell if the hitters hit, Nathan pitches outstanding ball and the bulpen doesn't fall on its face.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sounds good to me!

Sea Dog 23

Two innings done.  O's the only hit.  Sox have two BB on record, Chavis ends the 2nd K swinging.  Deja vu all over again.

Sea Dog 23

Peraza in the  3rd with a double.  JD and Pillar with more doubles.  4 runs are in.  To the 4th.

elktonnick

It may only be 60 games but it is going to be a long season for the.......ORIOLES

SeaBeachFred

I made a couple of pre-game observations that wound up making me look like a real tool.   Glad, though, I was wrong.  My two foils had big games and Nathan pitched five solid innings.  It would be swell if we can stay above  500 for this shortened season but we will see.

markj

Yankees *finally* win a game this year. Sox still undefeated.

Bill-806

Hello ALL , last night was the SHOT in the ARM that we all needed ..... WOW, I didn't know many of the newcomers but it was soooo much needed fun to get that first game in the books ..... Everyone, players, coaches, NESN crew, and upstairs management made the night healthy &  well timed to get the SHOW going !!!  SPORTS are so beneficial to ALL  !!!!  So glad to be back with some of the MOST knowledgeable WANABE MANAGERS in BASEBALL !!  Stay well all, go SOX at 1:30 !!!!  thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Yes, toasts to everyone.  Drinks on the house!  What are the chances a division rival would offer up our cast off Travis Lakins in our opener?  Now it gets serious, as we've already used up our ace card,  #17.  The backups are what many folks would call a pig in a poke.  HA.

longgame

When my son was little, Tampa Bay was perennially the worst team by far and I remember him saying "can we play the Rays every day?"  Now I'd advise the same for the O's.  They are horrible!  Your opening day starter has an 89 mph fastball?  Good thing we had our sole legit starting pitcher out there.  Now today there's a different lineup because, you know, you have to rest these guys for the grueling 60 game schedule.  I don't get it, you can't give up a single game this season.