WORLD SERIES GAME #4 SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT LA DODGERS

Started by longgame, October 27, 2018, 06:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

This team just finds ways to win.  Relentless.  They don't quit.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Sox are just a better team. They'll win one more. Count on it. Warm up the Duckboats.

Sea Dog 23

For a rookie mgr Cora is really tactful with the pitching.  Maybe pulled Porce a little early in game 3, but otherwise seamless.

I read an article about sign stealing in game 2.  Lavangie got word that Machado was getting our catchers pitch calls while he was on the bases.  That resulted in LA getting their two runs off Price.  He was stealing the pitch and location. 

It's all a part of the game, but we had to make an adjustment.  Game within the game.

Schloicka

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 27, 2018, 11:46:36 PM
Just saw that David Price is the Game 5 starter.
Thoughts?

WHY not Chris Sale?  Isn't he on regular rest?

There is more wrong with Sale than anyone is letting on. This will give him 2 extra days rest. After the season don't be surprised if Sale has some type of surgery. You pitch Price tonight but I doubt you'll see any other starter come in if he has trouble. The Sox are putting everything in the 2 games at Fenway where they can use Sale, Porcello, Eovaldi. If they happen to win game 5 it's a bonus.

elktonnick

Bill-806

A tip of the CAP to our RED SOX.....  Just a "BIG WOW" !!! Just can't "BELIEVE IT" !! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 28, 2018, 07:46:41 AM
For a rookie mgr Cora is really tactful with the pitching.  Maybe pulled Porce a little early in game 3, but otherwise seamless.

I read an article about sign stealing in game 2.  Lavangie got word that Machado was getting our catchers pitch calls while he was on the bases.  That resulted in LA getting their two runs off Price.  He was stealing the pitch and location. 

It's all a part of the game, but we had to make an adjustment.  Game within the game.

I agree on Cora, I thought he really screwed up on pulling Porcello but after winning last night it doesn't matter a lot.  But I also like that he learns.  I find it interesting that managers are as eager to pull starters quickly as they are to make their relievers, and especially closers, extend beyond what they normally do.  Last night the right call was to bring in Brasier so you have Kimbrel available if he gets in trouble.  Plus what was up with all the curveballs from Kimbrel last night?  It tells me even more so that he shouldn't have been the prime option and I worry about him in particular, as well as Kelly for going two (an unsung hero in this series for sure).

Fox is funny.  When the Dodgers had their big HR they did a big video montage during the pitching change.  Multiple shots, sound effects, visual effects, etc.  They didn't do that for Moreland's HR or Pearce's double.  But they usually do okay, better than TBS or ESPN. 

It is amazing that the Sox are up 3-1 when they haven't had much at all from their biggest hitters, clearly have a banged up starting staff and working with a limited set of relievers (you wonder how catastrophic the situation would have to be for instance to get Pomeranz in).  It took LA 18 innings to beat us in a game where we had to use all but one starting pitcher and we gave away runs on both sides of the ball. 

Sale will likely have some sort of surgery within a week.  Rotator cuff? 

Tonight's the night the bats break out.  I expect a blow out and the Sox dance in LA.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on October 28, 2018, 02:01:05 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 28, 2018, 07:46:41 AM

I agree on Cora, I thought he really screwed up on pulling Porcello but after winning last night it doesn't matter a lot.  But I also like that he learns.  I find it interesting that managers are as eager to pull starters quickly as they are to make their relievers, and especially closers, extend beyond what they normally do.  Last night the right call was to bring in Brasier so you have Kimbrel available if he gets in trouble.  Plus what was up with all the curveballs from Kimbrel last night?  It tells me even more so that he shouldn't have been the prime option and I worry about him in particular, as well as Kelly for going two (an unsung hero in this series for sure).

Fox is funny.  When the Dodgers had their big HR they did a big video montage during the pitching change.  Multiple shots, sound effects, visual effects, etc.  They didn't do that for Moreland's HR or Pearce's double.  But they usually do okay, better than TBS or ESPN. 

It is amazing that the Sox are up 3-1 when they haven't had much at all from their biggest hitters, clearly have a banged up starting staff and working with a limited set of relievers (you wonder how catastrophic the situation would have to be for instance to get Pomeranz in).  It took LA 18 innings to beat us in a game where we had to use all but one starting pitcher and we gave away runs on both sides of the ball. 

Sale will likely have some sort of surgery within a week.  Rotator cuff? 

Tonight's the night the bats break out.  I expect a blow out and the Sox dance in LA.
ROTATOR ? You say ROTATOR ??? That would be the end for one Chris Sale !! iono iono iono iono iono iono

longgame

Wouldn't be the end, just surgery.  Something is going on with him.

SeaBeachFred

Just went through the World Series missives recently since I had never read them because I was in Boston for the whole WS...…..because I didn't listen to my wife who told me to come back to LA after the second game in Boston because the Series wasn't returning  to Boston.  I figured the Dodgers could win two of three in their home yard and I could see the Red Sox win in person.  Next time I listen to the wife.  Still I had to laugh at some of you people who fretted about the 4th game.  IT WAS PLAYED ON OCTOBER 27.....which is my birthday.  The RED SOX NEVER LOSE A SERIES GAME ON MY BIRTHDAY.....THEY WON IN '04, THEY WON IN '07, THEY WON IN '13 AND WON THIS YEAR.   I'm convinced if they get in there next season or the season after that they will still win on OCTOBER 27.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on December 17, 2018, 03:13:06 PM
Just went through the World Series missives recently since I had never read them because I was in Boston for the whole WS...…..because I didn't listen to my wife who told me to come back to LA after the second game in Boston because the Series wasn't returning  to Boston.  I figured the Dodgers could win two of three in their home yard and I could see the Red Sox win in person.  Next time I listen to the wife.  Still I had to laugh at some of you people who fretted about the 4th game.  IT WAS PLAYED ON OCTOBER 27.....which is my birthday.  The RED SOX NEVER LOSE A SERIES GAME ON MY BIRTHDAY.....THEY WON IN '04, THEY WON IN '07, THEY WON IN '13 AND WON THIS YEAR.   I'm convinced if they get in there next season or the season after that they will still win on OCTOBER 27.

That will teach you!  The wife is always right!

They win on my birthday too which tends to be around the Division Series.