ALDS GAME #1, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2018, NY YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, October 05, 2018, 02:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

So a win is a win.  I heard a stupid question only because of the way it came out, but you guys expressed the same concern properly here - which is can the bullpen be effective.  The stupid question was to Barnes I think "can you play like this and win the series?" and I was thinking, where you score more runs than the other team?  They won the game, none of these are going to be pretty because the teams are too good. 

I think what we see is where both teams need to get to the opposing starter.  For the Sox its their best chance to score, for the Yanks it means getting into the Sox pen.  Should be interesting to see what happens tonight.  The Sox can get to Tanaka and I'd like to see them do that again.  The more that bullpen throws the better.  Price of course absolutely can't suck like he always has in the postseason.  They can't get knocked out of this game early. 

Cora needs a better game plan than "pull the effective starter in the 6th inning and throw the worst of your bullpen out there".  He needed to have Porcell, E-Rod or Eovaldi ready to go in the sixth.  He also seemed slow to get other guys up.

If Wright is hurt that makes no sense as he could have picked other guys up off the roster.

Sox also need to score later in the game, it was concerning they couldn't seem to find some insurance late.

But the good news is we're up 1-0.

Bill-806

HEMBREE replaces STEVIE WRIGHT on the ROSTER !!!!   A sad turn of events ?? iono iono iono

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on October 06, 2018, 03:21:59 PM
This is awful news
More BAD NEWS, Nunez is back at 3rd for GAME 2 as Broc HOLT remains on the BENCH against a right hander ????? thumb_d iono iono iono iono