GAME #150, BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Bear, September 18, 2017, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Talk about a HUGE win.They drive us nuts but a team with little power they sure scrstch and claw to get the big W.
Excellent job by Carson Smith.

Schloicka

Bullpen only gave up 2 earned runs in 9 innings. The other run was because of errors. They have been excellent in extra inning games.

Bear

Fred, Xman saved the day by tying the game...How'd that happen?
This was another one of those games; so happy it turned out the
way it did.
Pedroia has a nasal contusion and is day/day.  For a little guy, he surely
does find ways to hurt himself.
:P take that Showalter.

Schloicka

Quote from: Bear on September 18, 2017, 11:35:27 PM
way it did.

But aren't we all listed as day to day? LOL.

ipot

14-3 in extras.  I guess that's one thing they're pretty darn good at.   :)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 18, 2017, 07:02:43 PM
Heard a stat that says that Fister has an era over 9
in the first two innings
and USUALLY an era of only 1.5 or so in innings AFTER.

Unfortunately, not tonight.
Maybe J F should bring him in to start the 3rd inning ??? iono slap rofl

Bill-806

As  DAD would say, "SON, remember Jimmy DoLittle, VICTORY GOES TO THOSE WHO WANT IT THE MOST, WANT IT THE LONGEST" !!!! thumb_u rofl

longgame

Quote from: George Schloicka on September 18, 2017, 10:50:44 PM
Bullpen only gave up 2 earned runs in 9 innings. The other run was because of errors. They have been excellent in extra inning games.

That was key to this game.  They can be on, or they can stink, but mostly they've been on.  I really thought though that these guys were just going through the motions early on.

Loved Mark's comment about Pedey finding new ways to get hurt.  It's so true!

Just read an article this morning that MLB is on a record pace for HR's this year and probably broke the record as of last night.  The Sox certainly aren't contributing to that, but at the same time they're not striking out at a record pace like everyone else too.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on September 18, 2017, 11:35:27 PM
way it did.

Confession Bear....I went to bed in the eighth inning because I was just plain bushed.  I hoped for the best and you got us that win I asked for.  What do make of our team?  Personally I still can't figure them out.   They looked so inept early on but, give them credit, when they put their mind to it  they don't quit.  Disappointed in Fister again and wonder if he is back to his old haunts, and Pedroia hurt again.  Man, can't that guy stay healthy.  Hope it is only for a game or two because we need him in that lineup.  Bogaerts came through big time and that was pleasing to see.  I caught Benny's see and eye hit (thank God it got through) on the reviews this morning.  Wow!!!!  I was a good win but I have to think it takes a lot out of my colleagues as it does me.  I noticed a few of my friends post some pretty terse comments early on.  The nature of the beast when you root for the Red Sox, but as mark said, A WIN, AND I'LL TAKE IT.