GAME #101, MONDAY, JULY 22, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Schloicka, July 22, 2019, 08:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 22, 2019, 09:32:22 PM
Sox finally close it out. Good game for E-Rod and the offense.

It was a good performance by E-Rod and we got some big hits and we won, but I am withholding all other positive comment until I see what transpires tomorrow and Wednesday.  I saw what happened after Saturday's romp how utterly flat, lazy and uninspired we were on Sunday.  What Red Sox team will show up tomorrow and Wednesday?  Then I will be able to tell if any real progress was shown tonight.  I'm through getting burned.

Bill-806

& on the MORNING after, my HEART says "we can do this"...… But, the ROAD back in for the next 13 games are against the RAYS & YANKS …….  Hang on boys & girls !!! iono iono iono rofl rofl

elktonnick

Can not let myself get excited until they strong three or four in a row.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 22, 2019, 09:48:08 PM

It was a good performance by E-Rod and we got some big hits and we won, but I am withholding all other positive comment until I see what transpires tomorrow and Wednesday.  I saw what happened after Saturday's romp how utterly flat, lazy and uninspired we were on Sunday.  What Red Sox team will show up tomorrow and Wednesday?  Then I will be able to tell if any real progress was shown tonight.  I'm through getting burned.

So I'm guessing your assessment of E-Rod was he wasn't all that great but the Rays were "utterly flat, lazy and uninspired"?

longgame

BTW what the heck was up with the Rays using a position player in the 9th?  There's another rule change to try out - position players can't pitch unless it's more than a 10 run lead in the 9th inning.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on July 23, 2019, 08:59:55 AM
BTW what the heck was up with the Rays using a position player in the 9th?  There's another rule change to try out - position players can't pitch unless it's more than a 10 run lead in the 9th inning.
Give KEVIN CASH & the RAYS CREDIT …….. With one of the LOWEST $$$$$$$ROLL$ , they have learned how to BUILD & COMPETE as all the other BIG $$$$$$$ OWNERS spend like DRUNKEN SAILORS !!!!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 23, 2019, 08:19:16 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 22, 2019, 09:48:08 PM

So I'm guessing your assessment of E-Rod was he wasn't all that great but the Rays were "utterly flat, lazy and uninspired"?

You watched the game---did you see E-Rod pitch a little differently than before?  I sure as hell did.  He did not nibble but went after hitters.  His control was a tad shaky but he went after hitters and right now the Rays are in a bad slump, some say a free fall.  I'm not going to make that same mistake and say yes that's what's happening to them.  I saw how Detroit and Colorado and some of the bottom feeders like Baltimore and Toronto have kicked our asses more time than they should have  this season.  So that is my assessment Ted and I want to see us win this series, maybe turn the hat trick and at least split the four game series with the Yankees, which is  the best I can hope for since Porcello is due to open the up that series and if you've followed him this season he has been pitching horseshit for us getting racked up like a cue ball.