5. Yandy Diaz (R) 3B
6. Wander Franco (S) SS
7. Manuel Margot (R) RF
8. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
9. Mike Zunino (R) C

Gametime Temp: 90°F
Chance of Precip: 14%

Sea Dog 23

Sox pitching is 5.06era since Allstarbreak. We need a Pivetta gem today.

Bill-806

That's right , keep your fastest player & play maker in the closet !!! thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl

Schloicka

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 01, 2021, 04:31:32 PM
That's right , keep your fastest player & play maker in the closet !!! thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl

Play Maker? If you mean Duran he doesn't make to many plays on offense at least. He's hitting a whopping .154. He has 39 at bats and has gotten on only 8 times. 6 hits and 2 walks. Looks overmatched a lot with his 16 k's.

GP   AB   R   H   2B   3B   HR   RBI   BB   SO
13   39   7   6   1   1   1   4   2   16

markj

JD with a stellar 0-4 night. I can't believe the crap he swings at sometimes.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 01, 2021, 08:17:26 PM
JD with a stellar 0-4 night. I can't believe the crap he swings at sometimes.

He's been struggling a lot.

markj

markj

Schloicka

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on August 01, 2021, 05:00:11 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on August 01, 2021, 04:31:32 PM

Play Maker? If you mean Duran he doesn't make to many plays on offense at least. He's hitting a whopping .154. He has 39 at bats and has gotten on only 8 times. 6 hits and 2 walks. Looks overmatched a lot with his 16 k's.

GP   AB   R   H   2B   3B   HR   RBI   BB   SO
13   39   7   6   1   1   1   4   2   16
He is a THREAT that puts pressure on the other team ....... Come on man , you know the thing !!!!! iono iono rofl

longgame

Teams aren't threatened by a kid who is struggling to hit major league pitching in his first couple of weeks in the bigs.

They also aren't threatened by a team that can't score and didn't see any need to address their glaring weaknesses. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 02, 2021, 08:17:43 AM
Teams aren't threatened by a kid who is struggling to hit major league pitching in his first couple of weeks in the bigs.

They also aren't threatened by a team that can't score and didn't see any need to address their glaring weaknesses.

And the kid will continue to struggle if Cora keep jerking him and out of the lineup as he has with ot her players (Chavis comes to mind).  With our team headed for a major collapse we need to let Duren play and develop and not be consigned to the bench when Cora's pets Miserable Marlin and Shithole Santana come off the injury list.  And get Houck into the rotation and stop with the shuttling of him back and forth while Bloomer Boy's apple in his e ye Richards gets torched again and Cora's favorite  Putrid Perez gets shelled in another game.  Get those two bums off the mound on the double.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 02, 2021, 03:28:32 PM
Quote from: longgame on August 02, 2021, 08:17:43 AM

And the kid will continue to struggle if Cora keep jerking him and out of the lineup as he has with ot her players (Chavis comes to mind).  With our team headed for a major collapse we need to let Duren play and develop and not be consigned to the bench when Cora's pets Miserable Marlin and Shithole Santana come off the injury list.  And get Houck into the rotation and stop with the shuttling of him back and forth while Bloomer Boy's apple in his e ye Richards gets torched again and Cora's favorite  Putrid Perez gets shelled in another game.  Get those two bums off the mound on the double.
B I N G O  !!!  And the DEFENSE rests !!!!!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

I'm not sure that overanalyzing the current roster is good for my mental health.  The team is composed of mostly 1-year in and out contract players.  There is a 2022 nucleus of Bogaerts and Devers (needs to be extended this year), Verdugo, Sale, Sawamura, and Barnes.  The only other 2-year guy I can think of is Kike', I may be missing somebody.  So I'm not gonna get cantankerous over the rentals who aren't going to be here 2022 anyways.

Bloom is doing an awful job marketing to the fans his project of 2023 Sox.  But it seems he is targeting 2023 as his year to make the real WS run, with the newcomers Casas, Duran, Downs/Yorke 2B, Mayer if he's ready.  Who the he!! knows who will pitch besides Houck and some high-dollar free agents?