GAME #151, BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Bear, September 19, 2017, 03:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Don't understand why Betts wasn't swinging on the 1st pitch thrown to him. It was right down the middle. Should of been hacking at it.

markj

markj

markj

Thank Heavens Pedroia came back in time to GIDP and end that inning.

ipot

NYY win in the 5th 3-2.  So, we can at worst be 2 games ahead.

Gausman is the greatest pitcher I have ever seen.  Mowing throw our AAA superstars.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Sox get a gift run. Again, they need the other team to make a mistake so they can score. They need more runs. Meatball Matt will never hold a one run lead.

markj

markj

You cannot be serious. Game should be over. Devers and Moreland team up to blow a simple play.

markj

Finally. Apologies to Barnes. He done good and took care of business himself.

BoSoxFanNY

OMG
Sox WIN!
1 - 0 on a wild pitch in the 11th inning.

Kudos to Barnes.

THIS team finds ways to win.

Pomeranz pitched a gem . . .
just no run support.
NO matter - Sox WIN!

YAHOOOO

BoSoxFanNY

ANOTHER extra inning win.

Exhausting, but ANOTHER WIN!

23 games over .500

Bear

Another win, phew.  Devers/Moreland=heart attack.
Yankees leadind 4-2.
thumb_u

Schloicka

Devers throw is what happens when you try to be careful. Need to just come up and throw it. Barnes with the save (pitched very well). Kelly with the win. Great overall pitching again. And 2 great plays by JBJ and Benintendi to keep the score at zero. On to Wednesday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 19, 2017, 08:12:19 PM
Nice GIDP, JBJ. Just what we needed.  slap sigh

mark, if you're stomach was churning a mile a second just understand that you are or were in good company.  I'm still trying to decompress.  Gausmann is a decent pitcher but waiting until the fifth for our first hit was a little tough on all of us tonight, but those extra inning games are unbelievable.  We just seem to find a win to get the tally or tallies needed to win, but truth be told when the meatball went in here in the 11th I had the shakes worse than ever but the guy did it.  I think the team now knows that they must win every game they play or as many as they can and the fact is  the Twins crap all over the field when they play the Yankees and have done that little dance for the last dozen years they've played them.  Another good win though, and this time I will the first to say I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!!

I also can't remiss about the bottom of the 11th and owe Barnes a tip of my cap.  I've been on his case all season and he was put to an acid test to hold our 1-0 lead.  All he did was get two tough hitters in Machado and Schoop on infield popups and after that pathetic defensive lapse by Devers-Moreland (take your pick) was able to get Mancini on a comebacker.  The meatball came through.

Bear

Tomorrow we look forward to Chris Sale.
Which one goes to the mound?
Another rough 24 hours. iono