GAME #155, BOSTON RED SOX AT CINCINNATI REDS

Started by Bear, September 23, 2017, 11:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Magic # is 3 8)

This must be the first time a team that managed 18 hits in 3 games has swept another team in the 162 game era.  But, if it's working why fix it.  thumb_u
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

THIS Red Sox team does not quit!
Comeback WIN 5 - 4!

27 games over .500

MAGIC NUMBER IS 3 to clinch the AL EAST!!

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 24, 2017, 03:28:35 PM
Incredible 8-1 ROAD TRIP when needed the most.

Absolutely!

YAHOOOO!

(So does Farrell get the credit for the team winning 14 of their last 17 games?
  Just kidding, but the team is playing well!  And the bullpen is terrific.)

Rob from Mass

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 24, 2017, 03:41:18 PM

Absolutely!

YAHOOOO!

(So does Farrell get the credit for the team winning 14 of their last 16 games?

Cmon Bo no manager gets credit when teams win.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 24, 2017, 03:23:44 PM
Unreal how this team NEVER QUITS    5-4 W

What's come over our guys Rob?  I can't believe we are seeing the same team I saw in July and on and off in August and early September.  They make mistakes, do dumb things on the bases, and their hitting is sometimes near freezing temperature but there is always someone ready to pick up the slack and move the line along...like Betts today.  Heck we now have 91 wins, something I thought was impossible a month ago.  To boot the Yankees lost and we are now five games up with seven to go.   That's what I call moving the line along.

Rob from Mass

No Nunez no problem 10 -3 since he went down.

BoSoxFanNY

Sox have SWEPT the last two series!
6 wins in a row.
9-1 in their last 10 games.

AND come from behind wins!

NOW, they go home 5 games up on the Yankees.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 24, 2017, 03:41:18 PM

Absolutely!

YAHOOOO!

(So does Farrell get the credit for the team winning 14 of their last 16 games?

What's fair is fair....Farell is making great use of the bullpen and the facts speak for themselves.  HOWEVER, we need to put Price back into the rotation because Fister and Porcello just aren't cutting it.  We could keep one of them in there but not two.  Just my opinion, but I have to put a word of caution in there somewhere, don't I?  What another great comeback for the Red Sox.  Things are really starting to look up.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 24, 2017, 03:44:56 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 24, 2017, 03:23:44 PM
Unreal how this team NEVER QUITS    5-4 W

What's come over our guys Rob?  I can't believe we are seeing the same team I saw in July and on and off in August and early September.  They make mistakes, do dumb things on the bases, and their hitting is sometimes near freezing temperature but there is always someone ready to pick up the slack and move the line along...like Betts today.  Heck we now have 91 wins, something I thought was impossible a month ago.  To boot the Yankees lost and we are now five games up with seven to go.   That's what I call moving the line along.

At seasons start I thought after looking at this team 85-88 Ws. So much for that.
Fred, you heard me say this many times during the season. Bad times and good times .That is why I never get down when they look terrible at times.

longgame

Absolutely, I was worried about this trip, especially Baltimore but likely would have been pleased with 6-3.  Not the Yanks lose and we can hopefully wrap up the math side of this in the next 3 games.  Then 4 days of Houston and Boston trying to figure each other out before 5 that count. 

BoSoxFanNY

Strange end of the season -
playing against Houston.

Hope to wrap up the AL EAST by this final series -
then, I would be satisfied with a split the last series.

DO you show Houston all our pitchers??
OR do you hold back because we should be playing
them the in the postseason.

Something to think about . . .

(AND Houston has the same predicament.)

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, its not HOW you win, its that you WIN" !!! thumb_u rofl

ipot

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 24, 2017, 04:31:06 PM
Strange end of the season -
playing against Houston.

Hope to wrap up the AL EAST by this final series -
then, I would be satisfied with a split the last series.

DO you show Houston all our pitchers??
OR do you hold back because we should be playing
them the in the postseason.

Something to think about . . .

(AND Houston has the same predicament.)

Good points.  I'd rather be in a situation in which we don't have to worry about clinching the division and just really not give any clues to Houston.  Rest people up.  Give the younger bats and arms - and the struggling ones (ahem, HanRam) - that series to work on their game.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 24, 2017, 03:45:58 PM
No Nunez no problem 10 -3 since he went down.

Perhaps so but we will need Nunez very very soon---and I'd like to see it tomorrow.  I think our team would have hit better had we had him the past road trip even though the club played top notch winning baseball.  We face two lefties in a row on Monday and Tuesday and I do NOT want to see our lineup stripped down any more and we would do if we were forced to put Chris Young in the lineup.  That guy is an automatic out and Nunez most certainly is not.  Most importantly I do not want to start losing games and take this race down to the final day or two.   The sooner we continue this good run and win our games to move the line along the sooner we can get our pitching rotation and roster ready for the tough post season.  Keep this in mind.  Last year we won the AL East and then went flat losing six of our last seven regular season games and went into the ALDS flat as a board.  I don't want that this season and the way we are currently playing we don't deserve to have that happen.  Let's get to the ALDS as not only AL East champions but with a little momentum as well.