5. Jose Ramirez (S) 3B
6. Roberto Perez (R) C
7. Jason Kipnis (L) 2B
8. Greg Allen (S) LF
9. Tyler Naquin (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 7%

SeaBeachFred

Warning guys.....Even at his best Sale for some reason always has had trouble with Cleveland.  Just thought I would mention it since we need to get prepared for another disappointment tomorrow.  And Dombrowski, make an appearance and at least fire the pitching coach.  It has to be as plain as the nose on your face DD that our pitching theory and philosophy is in disarray.  Do something now damn it.

Sea Dog 23

Sorry for another caveat.  Two teams heading in opposite directions.  The Tribe is 43-19 since June, hottest record in MLB.  Sox are 3-12 since trade deadline (worst record?)  I'm watching more NFL last two weeks for my sanity.  sigh

Sea Dog 23

Mookie shakes the cobwebs with a triple.  Devers drives him in, but that's it in our 1st.

longgame

Schloicka

Well that was interesting. Workman with the win. Cashner with the save.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 13, 2019, 05:28:49 PM
Sorry for another caveat.  Two teams heading in opposite directions.  The Tribe is 43-19 since June, hottest record in MLB.  Sox are 3-12 since trade deadline (worst record?)  I'm watching more NFL last two weeks for my sanity.  sigh

Your sanity?  Hell, you're the picture of prize sanity compared to me.  I even ducked out on my grand kids variety show Sunday at the intermission because I was consumed with rage after we blew another lead and lost to the Angels.  I'll bet we will learn a lot about what went on in the clubhouse and elsewhere in Red Sox land this off season.  Something really was rotten in Denmark.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 13, 2019, 10:20:40 PM
Well that was interesting. Workman with the win. Cashner with the save.

Whose complaining George?  We needed a win and I needed it worst.  This was a very bad weekend for me seeing us stumble around like a pack of clowns.  Think it is too much to ask that we win this series by upsetting the hot Indians tomorrow?  OK, I won't ask.

Murph

It's looking like Marco Hernández should be given the chance with the Sox out of the POs hunt to see what he can do every day at 2nd. There`s no doubt he can be a 280 hitter. Looks improved on defense at 2nd with no Es in 26 games.

longgame

Unfortunately for Marco, he and Holt are both lefties as are all Devers and Moreland.  I don't know what contracts either he or Holt have but either could be a good piece in a trade. 

longgame

BTW, what a night for Devers.  He has been seeing the ball so well.  His head stays down, he moves with the ball, he goes with the pitch.  Really something to watch especially compared to Betts who seems to struggle to find a pitch he can unload on.  I've never seen so many check swings in my life.  Ted Williams, according to legend, would never check a swing. 

Murph

Quote from: longgame on August 14, 2019, 08:10:05 AM
Unfortunately for Marco, he and Holt are both lefties as are all Devers and Moreland.  I don't know what contracts either he or Holt have but either could be a good piece in a trade.

Never thought about batting LH. Holt makes  3.5 and Marco just minimum.