GAME #124, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by Schloicka, August 14, 2019, 06:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 14, 2019, 03:37:21 PM
Nice unexpected series win against a good team.  I just have a hard time getting too excited at this point.

Same here Ted but it was a rather impressive effort.  The  Red Sox actually played a good clean game, not too many run and sloppy pitching or too few runs and decent pitching.  The bullpen did its job and Eovaldi pitched as well as he has so far this season.  You can't say too much about Bogey and Raffy; t hey  set it up real well.  No complaints here and I  think that maybe we have found a late inning reliever in Cashner.  No, I'm not getting carried away but how many time have any of our relievers went out and pitched effectively two days in a row, or in BARNES' CASE, ONE DAY IN A ROW.

BoSoxFanNY

Good, solid win today.
Bullpen held them to NO runs!
Beat the Indians 5 - 1 AND won this series against them.

IF they can play like this against a good Cleveland team -
  why can't they play like this all the time?

THIS team is so inconsistent.

STILL, good win!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 14, 2019, 05:21:17 PM
Good, solid win today.
Bullpen held them to NO runs!
Beat the Indians 5 - 1 AND won this series against them.

IF they can play like this against a good Cleveland team -
  why can't they play like this all the time?

THIS team is so inconsistent.

STILL, good win!

It was impressive to win two of three from the strong and challenging Indians, especially on their home grounds after losing the first game in crushing fashion.  We proved we can come back and win a series on the road against a very good team.  Now the question is just how much energy and strength and fire was taken out of the Red Sox that they might now be totally exhausted from the effort.  Don't laugh, it has been our story all season.  We h ave a few good games, maybe a  three to five game winning streak and go flatter than a board looking pooped and  worn out.  Why this is happening is the big question but I still come back to ST when Cora ran the most pathetic camp I can ever remember.  The players got caught up in the farce and never really were able to put it all together for a good long run.  So don't be surprised if we have another similar run.  I hope not, though.  I would like to see this team finally fully wake up and give us hope for 2020 bu finishing string.  Forget about this season---it is over.