GAME #149, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, September 17, 2017, 02:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 17, 2017, 06:09:09 PM
Another in a series of poor offense.  The good news, they won 2 out of 3 and that's the formula to close it out.  The bad news is that these guys are just so tough to watch at the plate.  I was trying to find some stats to see how many times the Sox have scored 3 or fewer runs because it feels like they have these poor offensive games quite often.   At this point I don't know what you do, but as a manager I'd make it known that I'd expect a healthy participation in BP the next few days until the team can show they're ready.

Crucial to win 2 out of 3 in Baltimore, as I've been saying for days, this is the one that scares me.

They all scare me Ted, but I get your point.  One thing for certain, though, and that is Farrell must put on his brain cap and put the best nine hitters he has on that field for the Baltimore series.

Schloicka

Another in a series of poor offense.  The good news, they won 2 out of 3 and that's the formula to close it out.  The bad news is that these guys are just so tough to watch at the plate.  I was trying to find some stats to see how many times the Sox have scored 3 or fewer runs because it feels like they have these poor offensive games quite often.   At this point I don't know what you do, but as a manager I'd make it known that I'd expect a healthy participation in BP the next few days until the team can show they're ready.

Crucial to win 2 out of 3 in Baltimore, as I've been saying for days, this is the one that scares me.

Looks like they have scored 3 or fewer runs 58 times of which they have won 11 times. So about 39% of the time they have scored 3 or less runs with about a .190 winning percentage.

ipot

Quote from: George Schloicka on September 17, 2017, 09:56:48 PM

Looks like they have scored 3 or fewer runs 58 times of which they have won 11 times. So about 39% of the time they have scored 3 or less runs with about a .190 winning percentage.

Wow,  quite a sobering statistic. I wonder how other teams stack up in the 3 runs or less column. Gonna look it up.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Big THANK YOU's for E-RODS  5.2 ???  & the 3 hits from the offense, 2 errors on D.......  thumb_d rofl

longgame

Thanks George, where did you find that stat and as ipot said, how does that compare.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on September 18, 2017, 04:22:09 AM

Wow,  quite a sobering statistic. I wonder how other teams stack up in the 3 runs or less column. Gonna look it up.

I wonder if the players know of their dismal record when they score three runs or less because they need to go into Baltimore tonight and try to put a fiver at least on the scoreboard.  When you look at our team and wonder what their strengths are it certainly can't be the hitting.  The relief pitching has been pretty good but somewhat inconsistent and we do have defensive holes around the diamond even though our stats in that department are pretty good.  Not to jinx the team but could it be our starting pitching might be our strongest suit?????  We're in first place but this team is hard to figure out.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 18, 2017, 05:05:43 AM
Big THANK YOU's for E-RODS  5.2 ???  & the 3 hits from the offense, 2 errors on D.......  thumb_d rofl

Got to put that game to bed Bill because we're not getting it back, but it wasn't a complete waste Sunday because we lost no ground either.  Besides, my Oakland Raiders won their football game and my second team, the Dolphins, won also.  Would I have traded them both for a Red Sox win?  In two shakes of a monkey's head.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 18, 2017, 09:02:42 AM

Got to put that game to bed Bill because we're not getting it back, but it wasn't a complete waste Sunday because we lost no ground either.  Besides, my Oakland Raiders won their football game and my second team, the Dolphins, won also.  Would I have traded them both for a Red Sox win?  In two shakes of a monkey's head.
Raiders ??  Dolphins ??  Are they in the  N F L ????   This is PATRIOTS  COUNTRY !!! The home of Tommy, Bill, & the GRONKSTAR !!!  thumb_u rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 18, 2017, 11:20:21 AM

Raiders ??  Dolphins ??  Are they in the  N F L ????   This is PATRIOTS  COUNTRY !!! The home of Tommy, Bill, & the GRONKSTAR !!!  thumb_u rofl

Bill---I live in California and the Raiders are the most popular team in the Los Angeles area.  A majority of the fans wanted them more than they did the Rams or Chargers, but when the Rams said they would take in another tenant the Chargers had first dibs and took it, much to the chagrin of Raiders fans  who will eventually go to Las Vegas and will find that  thousands of people from my region will drive or fly up there to see them.  We will also be heard New Year's Eve when we play the Chargers at that soccer stadium they play in.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 18, 2017, 01:01:49 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on September 18, 2017, 11:20:21 AM

Bill---I live in California and the Raiders are the most popular team in the Los Angeles area.  A majority of the fans wanted them more than they did the Rams or Chargers, but when the Rams said they would take in another tenant the Chargers had first dibs and took it, much to the chagrin of Raiders fans  who will eventually go to Las Vegas and will find that  thousands of people from my region will drive or fly up there to see them.  We will also be heard New Year's Eve when we play the Chargers at that soccer stadium they play in.
YES, California, it is "a different world" out there......  I think it is so sad how all of the sports out there is "either coming or going" at any given time...... iono