RED SOX

Eduardo Rodriguez (L)

Lineup Pending

RANGERS

Ariel Jurado (R)

Lineup Pending

Gametime Temp:
Chance of Precip:

You would think that with 18 game winner Eduardo pitching for us tonight we would have a decent chance to win, but with Cora making pitching changing blunder after blunder you have to worry what he will do wrong or whether the team will show up tonight and try to start a short winning streak, the only kind they have been able to accomplish this season.  I like to believe they will do it.

longgame

Fred, what blunders are you talking about?  These guys aren't very good and with two and a half starters he has to use all of them almost every night.  I don't get why you get so worked up about this.

longgame

Everyone should be happy that the regular lineup is pretty much in effect tonight with E-Rod going.

Murph

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 24, 2019, 03:05:42 PM
Fred, what blunders are you talking about?  These guys aren't very good and with two and a half starters he has to use all of them almost every night.  I don't get why you get so worked up about this.

Chacin is a three inning pitcher and has had trouble when he is forced to go more than three.  Look it up.  Cora  has his other "starters" go two or three innings and then they are out.  Chacin should have been done after three.  I could see this coming as soon as he went out in the fourth inning.  If he pitches again this season and is going out in the fourth this same thing will happen again---unless it happens earlier to him.  Personally Ted I can't figure out why you and Murph are taking this debacle of a season and Cora's mistakes from  the start of ST with a grain of salt.  Personally, I didn't think we would get to the WS this season---hell, we never repeat anyway, but between screwy bating orders and his mishandling of a number of our players, especially in the pitching staff, Cora has undone just about all the good he accomplished last season and will wager that if he does this again next season his ass will be out the door..

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on September 24, 2019, 04:07:20 PM
Only a 15-0 perfect game will be satisfactory to some.

OK Murph, I catch your sarcasm but if you are satisfied with the shit that has done down this season you either very easy to please, have no clue about just how bad this team performed this season, or y ou are very satisfied w ith what went down.  I am not.  I expected us to make it to the post-season this year; we should be playing for a playoff spot instead of stinking up the field with a bunch of under-achievers who look to me like they are going at half speed----as they have since Day One of the regular season.  Now maybe my friend, you can enlighten me as to why I should be so  happy right now about the Red Sox.  I'll be listening.

Murph

Your right Fred but continued harping g on the same issues for the last 50 games or so is a little too much.

Murph

No one is happy .It is what it is.A wasted season that is all but over. I never got worked up over any type of sport game nor will I.life is way to short to have sports upset upset someone.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on September 24, 2019, 04:57:54 PM
Your right Fred but continued harping g on the same issues for the last 50 games or so is a little too much.

Perhaps it is Murph but this is where the press, media, fans and city must make their displeasure known without any compulsion whatsoever.  You know as well as I do  that while we have  won four WS the past 15 or so years, we also have had three LAST PLACES FINISHED in the last eight years.  Those four titles are great and perhaps way beyond what fans should expect what with 30 teams and only one champion, but we have shown the ability to have really piss poor seasons in between and with the Red Sox, their fan base and their wealth, THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.  Promise, though my friend,  I'll quit the nasty shit until the season is over.  Hopefully the front office will make the moves needed to get the team back up to snuff, starting with Alex Cora taking a more proactive stance and give the team the solid Spring Training he failed to do this mast March.

Bill-806

Best lineup in the last TWO WEEKS ??? We could/should hve made it tough for TAMPA BAY, but let them off last night with Sam Travis, GORKEY, & Knowigs or what EVAAAA his name is ???? iono iono iono iono iono iono

longgame

Quote from: Murph on September 24, 2019, 05:04:29 PM
No one is happy .It is what it is.A wasted season that is all but over. I never got worked up over any type of sport game nor will I.life is way to short to have sports upset upset someone.

Well said Murph.  I tried to be positive when there was a chance and then when it was clear there wasn't, it was over.  There's not much we can do about it by complaining - I've got more important stuff to worry about!

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 24, 2019, 05:20:28 PM
Best lineup in the last TWO WEEKS ??? We could/should hve made it tough for TAMPA BAY, but let them off last night with Sam Travis, GORKEY, & Knowigs or what EVAAAA his name is ???? iono iono iono iono iono iono

They wanted to get the win for E-Rod so he has a shot at 20.  Guys have been hurt in case you haven't been following. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on September 25, 2019, 08:17:02 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on September 24, 2019, 05:20:28 PM

They wanted to get the win for E-Rod so he has a shot at 20.  Guys have been hurt in case you haven't been following.
Oh, yes I have been following going back to spring training …. Yes, following like I always have since becoming a young man in the 1960's, following 12 months out of every year …. THAT SAID, 2018 was & will live as ONE HECK OF A SEASON, tough to evaa REPEAT, howevaaa, it all starts in APRIL & MAY with the games that you win early, will carry you through the hard times of a VERY LONG 162 GAME SEASON.  Spring training 2019, APRIL & MAY our RED SOX looked so "hung ovaa" that they were trying to get by with "don't you know who we are" !!!  Not to mention that  G M  D D spent all of our $$$$$$ and young players trying to build to "WIN IT ALL" in 2018 and as baseball works, staying strong, staying healthy, staying ON TOP is not easy as the old saying, "WHAT GOES UP< MUST COME DOWN" !!  Only problem now, is that the cupboard is NOW so BARE and existing contracts so OUT of WHACK that OUR BELOVED RED SOX can & will continue to slide back to perhaps the 1950's & 60's ???  For sure, JOHN HENRY & COMPANY have  YEOMAN's work ahead !!! iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Well said Bill and let me add some additions to what you said.  First, though, I actually applauded Cora's somewhat questionable decision to keep E-Rod in there and get him his 19th win this season. Fortunately the hitters cooperated and we got a dozen runs which was one more than we needed.  That was fine with me.  Glad he did it.  Now looking forward to what might be coming the team must make one of two choices.  One, reload with our current bunch and add a solid reliever if he can and try for one last frontal attack for another title OR start the rebuilding and retooling program that is inevitable.  We're strapped by the LT threshold so we can't add too much without going into deeper do-do on that score.

If JD ops out of that contract, then we must make the painful move of rebuilding whether the press, fan based or media like it or not.  And if we cannot sign Betts to a large extension this winter WE MUST TRADE HIM FOR SOME YOUNG TALENT, and be willing to finally let loose of the offensive challenged Jackie Bradley if we can get some team to take him off our hands.  Moreland is likely gone and that will save some dough and we have Chavis to hold down that spot before we finally move him to second base in a couple of years.  In the meantime we can sign Holt to a two or three year extension since he will not cost all that much and wants to stay in Boston.  He can handle 2B while Marco learns the outfield and can be a general all around utility player.  If we  get Sale and Price back healthy their contracts would be hard to move so I have no suggestions there.  It is a witches brew this whole Red Sox paradigm but we have to find a way to battle out of it while getting some pitching gurus both on the ML and minor league level who know a little bit more on how to develop some good pitchers instead of seeing duds like Lakens, Schwaryn and Kelley flounder.