GAME #157, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 26, 2017, 02:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on September 27, 2017, 08:15:32 AM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 27, 2017, 08:00:33 AM
Quote from: ipot on September 27, 2017, 02:06:30 AM
The game was over when Sale took the mound.  Sale has been a Jekyll and Hyde act since for 2 months.

The Red Sox have the same odds of winning the World Series this year as the Phillies do = 0.  The only difference is that the Phillies don't get to play past Game 162.

100 % correct and probably only 10% chance to even get to the WS.

I'd say they have zero chance to get to the WS, probably zero to get past Houston.  They can't hit and when their two aces crap out it's over.

I would say MOST OF RSN(Idid) knew this a long time ago .You can win without POWER only IF you have a good hitting team which the Sox are NOT

Schloicka

Hard to win when your 2 best pitchers go a total of 7 innings in 2 games and give up 5 earned runs each. We can blame the offense all we want but if you need to score 6-7 runs to win it's not a blue print for success. Then we have these guys in the lineup that I keep hearing have to play if we want the win and they spit the bit and did nothing. The Sox got 8 hits last night and 4 of them were after the game was already decided. Out of the 8 hits 5 were from our 1 & 2 hitters. What was everyone else doing? 

SeaBeachFred

The game was over when Sale took the mound.  Sale has been a Jekyll and Hyde act since for 2 months.

The Red Sox have the same odds of winning the World Series this year as the Phillies do = 0.  The only difference is that the Phillies don't get to play past Game 162.

Rob--and that's why I say get Mookie and Pedroia back in that lineup and go all out to win the AL East Title because we have less than zero chance of advancing in  the playoffs.  Entering as a WC is a study in futility, and, frankly, I would root against the Sox in such a scenario for the simple reason that might be the only way to finally rid oursleves of absolutely the worst manager I have ever seen.  That is, unless, Prune Face gives RSN a big middle finger and defies all reason and brings the no good incompetent bum back.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 27, 2017, 08:15:32 AM

It may speak volumes for the spiritual weakness and gutlessness of our team to see our two top pitchers go deep belly up in their two most important starts of the season.  They looked utterly crappy and now we wonder who if any of our team will stand up and will us a couple of wins the next two or three games.  This evolving debacle could have been planted in April to June when we constantly gave games away and totally underachieved, led by a manager who has no business being manager of our team.

I'd say they have zero chance to get to the WS, probably zero to get past Houston.  They can't hit and when their two aces crap out it's over.