Author Topic: GAME #161, HOUSTON ASTROS AT BOSTON RED SOX  (Read 5196 times)

Offline BoSoxFanNY

Re: GAME #161, HOUSTON ASTROS AT BOSTON RED SOX
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2017, 08:16:21 PM »
Just saw the score - and THANK G-D!
Sox WON!
Our Sox are the AL EAST champions!

AND they won on their own merit - no waiting
 for another team to lose.

PHEW!!!

(I know that Houston is a superior team - however,
 the Sox played well enough all season to be the AL EAST
 champs.)

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2017, 09:52:24 PM »
It turned out to be a very good day for us----save for that seventh inning scare---and Pomeranz pitched and restored order and we finally jumped ahead and got some key hits.  Hopefully the team will rest up, heal and get ready for a tough series.  I said I would be content with an AL East Title and that hasn't changed, but if many of you believe this team can go farther they have to get mended and play a better brand of baseball than they have of late.   The question is will they be ready on Thursday to go into Texas and get it done?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:59:02 AM by SeaBeachFred »

Offline Bear

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2017, 10:38:46 PM »
As they said on the radio,  expect tomorrow's starter to be Johnny Allstaff.

Johnny Allstaff, the new kid from Greenville, gotcha.  Bet he makes it interesting. rofl

Offline Muggah

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2017, 04:46:40 AM »
It turned out to be a very good day for us----save for that seventh inning scare---and Pomeranz pitched and restored order and we finally jumped ahead and got some key hits.  Hopefully the team will rest us, heal and get ready for a tough series.  I said I would be content with an AL East Title and that hasn't changed, but if many of you believe this team can go farther they have to get mended and play a better brand of baseball than they have of late.   The question is will they be ready on Thursday to go into Texas and get it done?

That's right, Fred---credit where credit is due. We won the AL East and kudos for that. But if I'm a betting man? Well...let's just say, "We'll see..."
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Offline Bill-806

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2017, 07:05:07 AM »
  B I N G O  all of the above !!!!  The marathon is ovaa, now 4 days to get ready for the SPRINTS !!! thumb_u rofl