GAME #148, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, September 16, 2017, 02:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Damn good outing for Porcello.
Can the pen get it done?

Schloicka

Good job Reed. Moreland made a bad throw to give TB a run. But still a 2 run lead.

Rob from Mass

Schloicka

Nice job by the pitching staff. Just enough offense. On to Sunday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 16, 2017, 06:11:32 PM
DO THIS CRAP BY PM.
THE REST OF US ARE NOT INTERESTED

THANK YOU

Rob---I hold myself responsible for it......he started it but I am at fault for falling into his trap and playing his crappy game.  And you're right.  I will erase my posts that I sent to him.  And thank you for getting on my case because I was acting as big an ass as he was.......on a nice note, what a game, huh?  I don't want to get too high but this was a gut check  game. Sure Bog didn't hit and neither did Young (not surprise there), but Mookie, Devers and other made the most of our seven hits and Rick pitched a helluva game.  These are the types of games we need to win.  We can't expect any help from the rotten Orioles but perhaps they can salvage a game tomorrow against the Yanks.  In the meantime we keep winning our games and we have lit tle to worry about.

And thanks again for setting me straight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 16, 2017, 07:58:34 PM
2 K 9th for Kimbrel.

We made some mistakes but other players made up for it by covering for those who erred both physically and mentally.  This was a gut-check game Rob and we made it through the rain as the saying goes.  We need to keep winning and hope someone can help us along the way, but mostly it is up to us.

BoSoxFanNY

Good win!
Porcello pitched well.
Enough hits to win.

22 games over .500 for the first time!
Sox have won 8 of their last 10 games.

ipot

More of a relief that Porcello had his 'A' game.
Reed + Kimbrel did their thing
Cobb is a good pitcher so bats get a "pass" for scrounging out 3 runs.

....and the NYY are STILL 3 GB.  Are the O's just waiting to sweep us?   :-X
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, looks like we need to keep winning for all the games that we lost in April, May, & June"  !!!! thumb_u rofl