ALCS GAME #5 THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, October 18, 2018, 06:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on October 18, 2018, 10:44:38 PM
They did it!!!!! Beni again!!!!

Major kudos to David Price for his first post-season win as a starter.

My friends almost won me over about David Price but I never lost confidence in him and we all were rewarded.  He pitched a great game and shoved the Astro bats right up their cocky asses.  And it showed that you don't diss our team and get away with it.  Aaron Judge tried that tack.  HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR YOU AND YOUR YANKEES BUB???  Then there was that Bregman character who tried maliciously to embarass our Nathan Eovaldi and got his smart ass and his teammates a free ticket home.  Keep this in mind---Bogaerts, Benintendi, Mookie and Jackie went 0 for 17 and looked like duds at the plate BUT THAT SHOWED WHAT A TEAM WE REALLY KNOW WE HAVE......Moreland, Kinsler, Raffy and, of course, JD had to be an oddball of the big boppers by also getting two hits including a dong.  The best thing about our team is that they are confident, even humble in victory.  I mistook those attrbutes for a lack of fire and toughness, but there was plenty of that.  They just kept it to themselves and took it out to the field with them.  Don't diss this team Dodgers (or Brewers) or you will pay dearly for it.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 18, 2018, 11:07:29 PM
RED SOX WIN RED SOX WIN, OHHHHHHHH OOHHHHH REDSOX WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

BoSoxFanNY

THIS team that won 108 games in the regular season
is going to the World Series!

AND, even though the Sox seemed to let up at the end of the season
and many on this board thought that was a bad sign - Ha!
  THEY ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!

AND WOW!  THIS team played like they did when they were winning
all season.  They found ways to win like they did all season.

AND our bullpen that was supposed to be our weakest link - was
stronger than the Astros AND Yankees.  Ha!

YAHOOOOO!
Our Sox are going to the WORLD SERIES!!!!!!

BoSoxFanNY

Justin Verlander had not let up a run
in his Postseason career with the Astros.

AND our RED SOX scored 4 runs!
TWO home runs!

David Price out dueled Justin Verlander tonight.

SO EXCITED!

BoSoxFanNY

As SeaBeachFred said
"The best thing about our team is that they are confident, even humble in victory.  I mistook those attrbutes for a lack of fire and toughness, but there was plenty of that.  They just kept it to themselves and took it out to the field with them."

SO TRUE, this team plays together as a TEAM. 
No egos, team players!
I believe that Alex Cora preached that to them from Day One!

THIS team beat the Houston Astros, the defending World Series Champs in 5 games.
WOW!  AND 3 straight games IN Houston.

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 18, 2018, 09:20:36 PM
OMG - DEVERS!!!!
HOME RUN!

Sox 4 - Astros 0
As DAD would say,  "SON, yes, as 3rd BASE GOES, SO GOES OUR RED SOX!!!"  Good job BOYS  !!!

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on October 18, 2018, 10:04:19 PM
Eovaldi gets a quick if scary out.
WOW, a work horse ……. One tough KID !!! thumb_u thumb_u

Bill-806

& where did that  J B J kid come from ???   Jim RICE had talked to him about shorting his swing..… B I N G O  thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

That JBJ guy got traded to the Twins for a bag of balls.  Doncha know?   rofl

longgame

Just an amazing team effort.  Everyone picked the Astros because for some reason winning 108 games wasn’t enough.  Well we’re up to 115 and counting.  Can’t imagine either NL team seriously challenging them. 

Sea Dog 23

I think part of the love for Houston was for an upstart,  defending champs who knocked off big market teams NYY and LA last year.  Also I think the producers at TBS/TNT , who do a lot of NL Braves games have a dislike for NY, Boston, Philly.  JMO.  Strangely Houston was an NL playoff team 10 years ago.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 19, 2018, 07:22:53 AM
That JBJ guy got traded to the Twins for a bag of balls.  Doncha know?   rofl

Embarrassingly, I was one of those people and, yes, I feel a little, shall I say, embarrassed right now.  Wow, did JBJ pick the right time to get hot, if hot is the word.  Hell, he got only THREE hits in those five games BUT WHAT HITS THEY WERE.  There might have been three more dramatic and crucial hits in any ALCS games that I can recall.  Good job Jackie, you shut me up real good.

Today, I make reservations for Boston to see the first two games of the World Series, and maybe stay for the whole series if it comes back to Boston......if I have enough money, which I think I have saved enough for.  No games at Dodger Stadium or in Milwaukee even though in live in the Los Angeles area.  I want to be with a majority of fans who root for the same team as I do.  What a team, what a team …….WHAT A GREAT @#$%&?! TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

orwell

A great team indeed. The 'oh shucks' attitude of JBJ in the post game interview a welcome departure from the typical athlete's pose.

Other than that, I see the board has covered all the angles on the pleasant surprises in the playoffs.

(Glad to see you are well Fred, all is well with Joann and Dylan)

Go Sox Go!

Sea Dog 23

Lots of accolades down here in South Carolina for Bradley and Steve Pearce.  Jackie played for back-to-back col world series champs.  Pearce played a few years before.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: orwell on October 19, 2018, 11:59:51 AM
A great team indeed. The 'oh shucks' attitude of JBJ in the post game interview a welcome departure from the typical athlete's pose.

Other than that, I see the board has covered all the angles on the pleasant surprises in the playoffs.

(Glad to see you are well Fred, all is well with Joann and Dylan)

Go Sox Go!

Good to hear from you as well Orwell and even better to know that all is well with Joann and little Dylan.  Your family most certainly is very very big in your life, as it should be, but it would be swell if you could spare just a little time to come back here a few more times than you do.  Anyway, I'll be heading to Boston on Monday and will watch the first two games or stay for the duration in case the Sox come back to Fenway to try and win it all in games six and or seven........if indeed the Series goes that long.  My wife and closest friend says that it won't.