GAME #160, FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2018, NY YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 28, 2018, 03:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

YANKEES AT RED SOX

7:10 PM, SEPTEMBER 28, 2018 AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, YES, ESPN

NEW YORK, (98-61.......................................................................................BOSTON, (107-52)

NEW YORK:

JA HAPP, LHP, 16-6, 3.57 ERA, 186K

Happ will make is final start of the regular season--and potentially tune up for
a starting assignment in the AL Wild Card Game on Friday.  Happ is coming off a
no-decision against the Orioles and is 6-0 with a 2.34 ERA in 10 starts as a Yankee.

BOSTON:

BRIAN JOHNSON, LHP, 4-4,  4.11 ERA, 85K

The lefty swingman is 4-2 with a 4.06 ERA as a starter this season.  Johnson was
last used as a starter on September 2, so his pitch count figures to be limited.  He is
2-1 with a 4.37 ERA in 22 appearances at home.

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/gameday/yankees-vs-red-sox/2018/09/28/531801#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=531801

markj

7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox
Brian Johnson (L)

1. Mookie Betts (R) CF
2. Andrew Benintendi (L) LF
3. J.D. Martinez (R) RF
4. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
5. Steve Pearce (R) 1B
6. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
7. Eduardo Nunez (R) DH
8. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
9. Blake Swihart (S) C

Yankees
J.A. Happ (L)

1. Andrew McCutchen (R) LF
2. Aaron Judge (R) RF
3. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
4. Giancarlo Stanton (R) DH
5. Luke Voit (R) 1B
6. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
7. Miguel Andujar (R) 3B
8. Gary Sanchez (R) C
9. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B

Gametime Forecast: 57°F • Mostly Cloudy • 0% PoP

Bill-806

Where is BROC HOLT ???  Keep your eye on NUNEZ's KNEE ??? Cora is still working on the ROSTER !! iono iono iono iono

markj

This game went south in a big hurry. Start tossing the garbage time pitchers out there and bring in the B-Team. Let Pom-Pom and Kelly pitch the rest of the game.

longgame

markj

markj

longgame

It’s just discouraging that very few Sox pitchers have been effective the past couple of weeks. 

markj

Sox luck out again. Should have been a game ending DP. Now men on 2nd and 3rd with one out.

longgame

Now the end of the too little, too late attempt at a comeback.

markj

Beni with a wimpy swing that accomplished nothing. And then Vazquez as a PH? Huh?

markj

Well it got interesting at the end. Still a pretty sorry display by the Sox, both with pitching and hitting.

markj

Second loss to the Yankees at Fenway this season. First was way back at Game 11 and the score then was 10-7, similar to tonight. Sox are 4-6 for their last 10 now.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 28, 2018, 05:09:12 PM
Where is BROC HOLT ???  Keep your eye on NUNEZ's KNEE ??? Cora is still working on the ROSTER !! iono iono iono iono

And why is Cora still experimenting and working on the roster, the stupid shit!!!!!!This three game series against the Yankees in NOT meaningless in any sense of the imagination as some may think.  If we get swept it gives New York the confidence that they can beat us when it counts, it means they won the season series, and it means we enter the ALDS with absolutely no momentum whatsoever.  Sound familair????  Just like 2016 and 2017 when we entered that playoff flatter than a pancake.  And why was trash like Cuevas and Pomeranz pitching in this game instead of against Baltimore on Wednesday.  Sale and Rodriguez should have been in tonight's game.  After all the Yankees used their most effective pitcher in Happ, and if made no difference because when we finally got to him for four runs we had already given up eight or nine.  Damn you Cora, get your head out of your ass and by tomorrow fix your team's roster once and for and EF the experimentation.  If you don't k now your personal by now you need to go somewhere and shoot yourself, you stupid bastard.

Nunez should be out .   He is banged up and he no longer can hit to stay in the lineup, and Holt needs to play ALL THE EFEN TIME. He is a winner and the team plays better when he's on the lineup Cora, you dumb bastard.  Yes, my friends, I am really pissed off about tonight because I saw it coming.  Cuevas, Pomeranz, Ross and Johnson have to go even if it leaves us without a lefty reliever because E-Rod could fill that role if necessary.  You hear that Alex, you crud!!!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

When Derek Jeter played for the Yankees, he had a real take on the rivalry his team had with Boston so that after a game in which his team won convincingly he would mutter that there WAS NO CARRYOVER to the next game, and usually than panned out.  We had better hope that Yankee was right and the Red Sox come back tomorrow firing away and get the good pitching, hitting and defense and have the right personnel in the game so that we can even the series and guarantee ourselves winning the season series.  Cora really @#$%&+ up tonight with his choice of pitchers and his batting order.   And right now you do NOT play Devers against a left handed pitcher because he has either forgotten how to hit them or  they have figured him out while dumb shit Cora still can't figure that one out himself.  These next two games we must put our best people out there and right now I have my spears out for you Swihart.  You got  the chance to play tonight and screwed up making is possible for shithead Leon to get back in the lineup tomorrow or that worthless puke Vazquez who can't hit worth a damn.  Disappointed in my man Kinsler because I expected more from him than we've gotten the last few games.

Again, I'm talking like the coach I was and not just as a fan.  I never would have started Johnson tonight and would not have used a bum like Cuevas either.  Cora got hypnotized by Cuevas' performance the other night when there was no pressure.  He is what was before and what he was tonight......a worthless piece of crap who has no business being on the pitching staff.  Wake the hell up Cora; I would have done a helluva better than you tonight if I ran the show.  Sale and E-Rod would have pitched and we actually might have won the game you stupid ass.