OMG -
David Price gives up 6 runs in 1.1 innings
AND the Red Sox come back and score 7 runs
and win the game.

CRAZY.

Sox split the series with the Rangers.

Sox win 7 - 6.

elktonnick

Great comeback win! That is the most enthusiasm I've seen all season.

Schloicka

Workman with the win. Smith with the save. Sox win a very interesting game to watch. On to Baltimore tomorrow.

markj

Sea Dog 23

Good for Bogey and what about the BP?  7 2/3 scoreless.  If you spent three months in never neverland, you'd think guys like Lakins, Shawaryn, Smith were going to be top shelf this year.   

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on June 13, 2019, 10:22:01 PM
Workman with the win. Smith with the save. Sox win a very interesting game to watch. On to Baltimore tomorrow.
CONCUR ……. Fell asleep when it was 6-6, never thought we could get over the hump, but we DID & lets make HAY in Baltimore ……  This is the TIME, just do it GRASSHOPPER !!!! thumb_u iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Long game!  But good payoff in the end.  I'm glad I missed almost all of the Rangers scoring but saw most of ours. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on June 13, 2019, 10:51:58 AM
Since Cora had the dumb idea of Mookie leading off he has responded by hitting a DISMAL .170 with 4 RBIS.  Most Sox fans can see it was a major BLUNDER BY CORA.

Just got back from our trip to Boston, Cooperstown and New York Murph and it looks like Mookie being at the lead off spot has been a debacle but he hit so well there last season that I wonder if he is just not as good as most of us have thought.  He was pretty much like this in 2017 too and perhaps he is one of those one good, one bad season type of players.  Still, perhaps moving Bogaerts who now has been exposed as a hitter who hits were well with no men on base could be put at leadoff and Betts dropped down to No. 2, Benintendi at third and Martinez at cleanup.  Obvious what Cora has been doing hasn't been working and I saw for myself in that opener with TB just how inept Bette looked at the plate, and the whole team for that matter.  Unless this team really goes on a hot streak starting tonight with their third win in a row on a run that goes something like 16-4, well then this team is just going to make it this season.  T hey have really looked crappy the past week and a half.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 13, 2019, 10:01:48 PM
A rookie as closer in a one run game? WTF?

And that's another thing with Alfred E. Cora at the helm this season........he still has not named a closer and every game we go trough this crap of moving the chairs on the Titanic trying to find some guy who can consistently get three outs in the ninth inning without barfing up the game as Meatball did on Monday, which, swear to Heaven, I just knew would  happen in the ninth inning.  He is one guy who simply cannot be counted on to be that man consistently time and again.   Them again, DD refuses to try and get some relief help and simply bringing some guy up and sending some guy down and making this whole farce something resembling a rinse cycle played over and over again.  WE HAVE A SHITTY BULLPEN DUMBO; CAN'T YOU SEE THAT.  If we want a Wild Card this season we have to get some relief help via trade, AND BETTS HAS GOT TO GET OFF HIS ASS AND START HITTING ALONG WITH JD.  We  go nowhere unless they also come on strong.