GAME #69, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12, 2019, TEXAS RANGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, June 12, 2019, 06:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

RISP and no outs. See if they can win it here.

Now 1st and 3rd with no outs. No excuses if they lose.

markj

markj

Yes, they did. Sox win with a walk-off walk. What a gimme.

Schloicka

Barnes with the win. Sox win with a walk off walk. On to Thursday.

Sea Dog 23

longgame

I'll take the win any way it comes, but sort of fitting that it came on a walk, not a hit, by Betts.  I figured he was either going to pop out, not deep enough to score the run, or would manage a triple play.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 12, 2019, 05:42:39 PM
I didn't like pinch hitting Nunez for Holt especially in the late innings because Nunez is a defensive liability especially at 2nd
B I N G O dat !!!! Also, NUNEZ took so long to get his gear going, one had to wonder if they had to WAKE HIM ?????? thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 12, 2019, 05:49:27 PM
Quote from: markj on June 12, 2019, 05:42:12 PM
CNN is reporting that Ortiz was targeted. More to this story than a simple robbery attempt.

I believe that is quite likely.  Having lived in Latin America for many years and having had extensive experience with Latin American police departments there is no doubt in my mind that they know who did it, who paid for it and why. The question is whether they have the political will  to bring the perps to justice.  Given Ortiz's popularity in the DR they probably do if it isn't embarrassing to either Ortiz or someone more influential.
Another  B I N G O  !!!

Bill-806

WOW, we tried to give it away, but managed to EXTRACT VICTORY from the JAWS of DEFEAT !!!  Lets see if we can build on it , one game at a time...…. We need a good run of WINS !!!  BTW, speaking of RUNNING, the SOX need to play more aggressive to put/keep the other TEAM off balance & make mistakes.... This team can't "play let it happen" baseball !!!! thumb_u iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl