7. Aledmys Diaz (R) 2B
8. Robinson Chirinos (R) C
9. Jake Marisnick (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 67°F
Chance of Precip: 7%

Bill-806

Without a DOUBT, this is a BIG SERIES at the FEN's !!! thumb_u iono iono iono

Murph

Cole`s last 3 outings have been  great    bad   great.   I  guess this is his bad game time.

SeaBeachFred

Maybe not do or die unless we get swept embarrassingly on our home turf, but this is an important series for us.  That hiccup Tuesday against Colorado was a bummer and also avoidable but a good series against the powerful Astros starting tonight at the Fens could go a long way to making us serious contenders for a major playoff run this coming fall.  This is one of the teams that we're going to have to beat in  order to achieve that goal and I keep thinking of how we took the Astros down in last Fall's ALCS, 4 to 1, and three zip in their own ball park.  I'm thinking they might be out for revenge.  I was watching the 2018 World Series film last night for the third or fourth time and one of the highlights from the season was Rick Porcello's magnificent one hitter he hurled against the Yankees on August 2. We need something of that order or somewhat like it tonight, and his time most of the hitters must go after Derrik Cole and chase him from the game.  Hope we're up to i because it would mean a lot.

Murph

Yeah, Tuesday's game hurt. Sale was as dominant as ever and I agreed with Cora in getting him the hell out of there with 108 pitches. We can`t afford to see Sale throw 42 innings the last 3 months as he did in 18. No way should he be there to throw 120 plus pitches.  We probably see fewer than 10 each year hit the 120 mark.

markj

Sox blowing chances again. Lack of clutch hitting.

markj

I could copy my post above and just keep reposting it, but what's the point. Sox just can't capitalize when they have runners in scoring positions.

markj

Sox are 0-7 with runners in scoring positions. 7 lobsters so far.

markj

markj

Porcello is having a great game. I hope the Sox don't waste it.

markj

And just like that, the Sox are down 2-1. All those wasted chances.

markj

Schloicka

JD's throw home shows why he's a dh. Was all screwed up with his foot work.

markj

This loss goes to the offense. So many RISPs and so little to show for it.

markj