GAME #146, OAKLAND A'S AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 14, 2017, 02:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Yankees 6, Orioles 0..no help here tonite.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 14, 2017, 04:56:06 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 14, 2017, 03:57:47 PM
Need help from the Os to get this lead back to 4.
[/quote

Don't count on it Bill.  The Orioles have rolled over and played dead almost all season against the Yanks, but you can dream of such help from them.
Fred try Rob....

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on September 14, 2017, 06:43:29 PM

You only had to look at who was pitching for the O's to know what would transpire tonight.  Smiley Miley was shitty for Arizona, he was even shittier for us when we had for that miserable 2015 season and he is still a bum for Baltimore.  All he can do is beat us 2-1 when he pitches against us when Farrell puts his pets Ramirez, Young and Pukegaerts in the lineup and we lose.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 14, 2017, 07:29:51 PM

You only had to look at who was pitching for the O's to know what would transpire tonight.  Smiley Miley was shitty for Arizona, he was even shittier for us when we had for that miserable 2015 season and he is still a bum for Baltimore.  All he can do is beat us 2-1 when he pitches against us when Farrell puts his pets Ramirez, Young and Pukegaerts in the lineup and we lose.

I just don't get how it is that Baltimore rolls over for the Yankees late in the season for as long as I can remember, yet the O's come alive when they play us.  First place goes through Baltimore, if the Yankees take 4 (they likely will) and the Sox lose 3 (again likely) the top of the division is flipped. 

Once again though even in this series, it seems like the Sox have no idea what guys are going to throw to them and also, and this drives me crazy.  On the other side of the ball what is it with Pomeranz and E-Rod in particular that keeps them from throwing strikes to bottom of the lineup guys.  They face crappy hitters, they should go right after them, but these guys never miss a chance to go to a full count.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 14, 2017, 08:12:42 PM

I just don't get how it is that Baltimore rolls over for the Yankees late in the season for as long as I can remember, yet the O's come alive when they play us.  First place goes through Baltimore, if the Yankees take 4 (they likely will) and the Sox lose 3 (again likely) the top of the division is flipped. 

Once again though even in this series, it seems like the Sox have no idea what guys are going to throw to them and also, and this drives me crazy.  On the other side of the ball what is it with Pomeranz and E-Rod in particular that keeps them from throwing strikes to bottom of the lineup guys.  They face crappy hitters, they should go right after them, but these guys never miss a chance to go to a full count.

It seems there is always a team or two that rolls over for the Yankees.  Minnesota was a prime example of that for a long time and now Baltimore is picking up the slack, though they have been patsies for the Yankees going way back to the 50's.  Too bad we don't have that kind of hex over any teams, but when you have some of the turds that we have on our team, who the hell would fear them.  Besides, it seems the Yankee young players have come through big this year and more like Frazier on the way while Bogaerts now stinks, Mookie has shit the bed and looks crappuy at the plate, while Bradley is going to be a 250-260 hitter because of his droughts and penchant for striking out.  At least, though, he gives us some power and terrific defense.  Let's face it Ted our team lacks toughness, it lacks heart and it lacks guts.  We root for our team but is easy to dislike the individuals on it because they just seem to disappear when you need them most......at least many of them do.

markj

Cleveland set a record today with their 22nd win. Un-real. Way to go, Tito.  thumb_u

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 14, 2017, 09:53:45 PM
Quote from: longgame on September 14, 2017, 08:12:42 PM

It seems there is always a team or two that rolls over for the Yankees.  Minnesota was a prime example of that for a long time and now Baltimore is picking up the slack, though they have been patsies for the Yankees going way back to the 50's.  Too bad we don't have that kind of hex over any teams, but when you have some of the turds that we have on our team, who the hell would fear them.  Besides, it seems the Yankee young players have come through big this year and more like Frazier on the way while Bogaerts now stinks, Mookie has shit the bed and looks crappuy at the plate, while Bradley is going to be a 250-260 hitter because of his droughts and penchant for striking out.  At least, though, he gives us some power and terrific defense.  Let's face it Ted our team lacks toughness, it lacks heart and it lacks guts.  We root for our team but is easy to dislike the individuals on it because they just seem to disappear when you need them most......at least many of them do.

After they eliminated us from the playoffs in 2011 in the last game of the season, the O's have decided to make us their "rivals."  The Sox are the 1 team the O's will get their game on for.   

Of course they roll over for NYY.  We'll have our work cut out for us next week.  3 games in nothing.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Quote from: markj on September 14, 2017, 10:10:07 PM
Cleveland set a record today with their 22nd win. Un-real. Way to go, Tito.  thumb_u

Pretty amazing.  Tito has done wonders with this squad.  If last year was any indicator, he'll have them ready to roll over the AL and get back to the WS.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: ipot on September 14, 2017, 10:23:15 PM

Pretty amazing.  Tito has done wonders with this squad.  If last year was any indicator, he'll have them ready to roll over the AL and get back to the WS.

I would dearly love to see them run the table and sweep the Dodgers out of the WS.

longgame

Of course Showalter has a long history with the Yankees and hates the Sox.  If anyone would tank for one team and then go all out on another, it would be him. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on September 14, 2017, 10:23:15 PM

Right now my sights are limited.  I just want to win the AL East again and would be satisfied with that since I am convinced our team lacks the will, desire, guts and courage to stand tall and make a run for a WS berth.  Now even the AL East title is in danger with inconsistent play, weak hitting much of the time and the worst manager around who keeps making blunder after blunder with his strategy, lineups, and general running of the team.  We had better be ready to take down the Rays in their home park because the O's will be lucky to win one game in four with their series with the Yankees, and God help us if we face a lefty and put the lineup in the hands of that shitface who manages our team.

Bear

When we play the Orioles, Showalter is sure to play his best pitchers.
He hates the Red Sox.