WORLD SERIES GAME #2 WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2018, LA DODGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, October 24, 2018, 02:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Xander watches two (sorta) strikes sail by and then K's swinging. Still, 3 runs is good.

markj

markj

markj

Over. No drama. Nice clean inning. Well deserved win for Price. Another great game for the BP. On to LA.

Schloicka

The pitching was very good tonight. Got enough offense to see the Sox through. Now it's a best 2 out of 5 for the Sox and a best 4 out of 5 for the Dodgers. On to LA for the weekend.

ipot

This team's moving like a well-oiled machine.   Outside of the 4th LA was pretty much kept off the bases.  Great work by the pitching tonight.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

WOW …… 2 IN THE BOOKS !!!   That's our RED SOX !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl

Sea Dog 23

Playing in the NL park changes a lot of dynamics in handling a lineup.  While that might favor manager Roberts, by experience, it becomes an advantage IMO for Sox because Cora is pushing the right buttons.  Yikes, how did they bench Bellinger for most of game 2?

And helps Cora to have the reliable guys in the pen.

elktonnick

Boston's record against the National League this year was 16-4.  I don't think playing in a National League park will be that big of an issue for Boston.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on October 25, 2018, 08:16:24 AM
Boston's record against the National League this year was 16-4.  I don't think playing in a National League park will be that big of an issue for Boston.

What goes around comes around.  Benni was chatting with Goodwin after the at bat against Madsen.  He knew his pitches from Madsen's game with the Nat's/Sox before the trade to LA.

longgame

Roberts was getting killed on national sports radio and I think it's funny because he's doing what Cora is doing - sticking with what he did because it worked all year.  The difference is the Dodgers aren't as good. 

Tonight's another matchup that pundits will say favors LA - mainly because they compare guys with a limited record to guys with more extensive records.  Hopefully another quick lead and then off to the races again.

Bear

Schloicka

Quote from: Bear on October 26, 2018, 08:20:05 AM
No JD Martinez tonite...something about his foot.
BEAR

JD slipped rounding 2nd the other day and almost wiped out. I assume he got hurt then. I think if they were using a DH he'd be playing but his foot or ankle won't let him play in the field.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on October 26, 2018, 10:02:26 AM
Quote from: Bear on October 26, 2018, 08:20:05 AM
No JD Martinez tonite...something about his foot.
BEAR

JD slipped rounding 2nd the other day and almost wiped out. I assume he got hurt then. I think if they were using a DH he'd be playing but his foot or ankle won't let him play in the field.

No too surprising. I think if they weren't up 2-0 they'd consider doing otherwise as well, but why aggravate it at this point.  Sort of solves the whole lineup "problem" for the Sox.  Mookie needs to pick up the slack.