ALDS GAME #4 TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NY YANKEES

Started by longgame, October 09, 2018, 01:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 10, 2018, 02:11:00 PM
Michael Kay is discussing the Yankees loss to the Red Sox.
They are upset - saying that Aaron Boone AND the front office
"scripted" the way that CC would pitch.  They are screaming about
the analytics.  That a game "has a heartbeat"
They claim that he SHOULD have managed better.

AND that the analytics said that the Yankees SHOULD hit home runs.
AND that was the problem with Yankees in the bottom of yesterday's 9th inning.

Fun . . .

One of the story lines coming out of this Red Sox-Yankees series concerns the classless thing Aaron Judge pulled after the Yankees' 6-2 in Saturday at Fenway Park.  Walking past the Sox clubhouse with his Video Blaster spewing out "New York, New York, a favorite from Frank Sinatra.  Well long time Yankee Mark Teixeira thought it bush league and took Judge to task in a very angry reply this morning saying that it woke up a sleeping giant.  Who knows if it did, but Mark thinks  the Red Sox were not amused and we saw what transpired the next two games.  And by now we all know what song the Red Sox played in the visitors clubhouse after they sent the Yankees packing to the off season.  Frankie never sounded so good and it just might have spurred the Red Sox on and might have determined the winner on an night when the Yankees actually won a game.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 10, 2018, 06:20:10 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 10, 2018, 02:11:00 PM
Michael Kay is discussing the Yankees loss to the Red Sox.
They are upset - saying that Aaron Boone AND the front office
"scripted" the way that CC would pitch.  They are screaming about
the analytics.  That a game "has a heartbeat"
They claim that he SHOULD have managed better.

AND that the analytics said that the Yankees SHOULD hit home runs.
AND that was the problem with Yankees in the bottom of yesterday's 9th inning.

Fun . . .

One of the story lines coming out of this Red Sox-Yankees series concerns the classless thing Aaron Judge pulled after the Yankees' 6-2 in Saturday at Fenway Park.  Walking past the Sox clubhouse with his Video Blaster spewing out "New York, New York, a favorite from Frank Sinatra.  Well long time Yankee Mark Teixeira thought it bush league and took Judge to task in a very angry reply this morning saying that it woke up a sleeping giant.  Who knows if it did, but Mark things  the Red Sox were not amused and we saw what transpired the next two games.  And by now we all know what song the Red Sox played in the visitors clubhouse after they sent the Yankees packing to the off season.  Frankie never sounded so good and it just might have spurred the Red Sox on and might have determined the winner on an night when the Yankees actually won a game.
B I N G O ……..GOOD/GREAT STUFF !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

After the game the other night I had flipped over to YES for their postgame.  It was like a funeral.  But yes, there is a lot of second guessing in NY and I'm hopeful they'll form a circular firing squad soon.

As for Judge, I think he may have learned something.  Good of the Sox to keep it more low key and then to troll them back by playing New York, New York to celebrate winning in NY.  Always satisfying to beat the Yankees, but even more so to do it in the playoffs at the Stadium.

Sea Dog 23

A very satisfying win indeed.  Beforehand you had to give Cash -man credit ---- building that lineup, then adding Stanton, Lynn, Hap, then Britain to the staff --- their fan base was all set.  Then Eovaldi happened, and Holt.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on October 11, 2018, 08:08:14 AM
After the game the other night I had flipped over to YES for their postgame.  It was like a funeral.  But yes, there is a lot of second guessing in NY and I'm hopeful they'll form a circular firing squad soon.

As for Judge, I think he may have learned something.  Good of the Sox to keep it more low key and then to troll them back by playing New York, New York to celebrate winning in NY.  Always satisfying to beat the Yankees, but even more so to do it in the playoffs at the Stadium.

You bet Ted!!!!!  Hell, I'm just starting to come down from my Heaven-like cloud and I can tell you that yesterday I had one of the happiest days of my life.  Amazing what beating the Yankees in a playoff can do for one's self confidence even though I had nothing to do with the win save for rooting like hell for our beloved team.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 11, 2018, 09:53:00 AM
A very satisfying win indeed.  Beforehand you had to give Cash -man credit ---- building that lineup, then adding Stanton, Lynn, Hap, then Britain to the staff --- their fan base was all set.  Then Eovaldi happened, and Holt.

I hear you Sea Dog.  Before the series began I didn't hear much of anything about the Yankees not getting all the way up to snuff for their set-to with the Red Sox.  You said the names the Yanks procured and were favored to win the AL East this season, and that was before they traded for Lynn and Hap and Britain to the staff.  By playoff time we heard it on the pre game shows on TBS, we heard it on MLB where most pundits picked the Yankees to win the ALDS, and Mad Dog Russo was totally convinced the Red Sox were doomed.  Al Leiter and Harold Reynolds and others there were all in on the Yanks.  Only Pedro and Papi picked the Red Sox to win and who knows if it was out of loyalty to the team they both starred on.  The "only" non Red Sox alumnus who I saw picking the Red Sox was Russo's on screen partner who get about ten or 15 minutes to add to the show.  He picked the Red Sox in five.  The one thing I can't stand is all this back stepping by everyone who picked the Yankees.  They guessed wrong and should just fess up to it and come and say so.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 11, 2018, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: longgame on October 11, 2018, 08:08:14 AM

You bet Ted!!!!!  Hell, I'm just starting to come down from my Heaven-like cloud and I can tell you that yesterday I had one of the happiest days of my life.  Amazing what beating the Yankees in a playoff can do for one's self confidence even though I had nothing to do with the win save for rooting like hell for our beloved team.

I was in Heaven on Wednesday as well.
(It took me a while to stop shaking from Kimbrel's antics in the bottom of the 9th.)
I re-watched the game AND enjoyed listening to the YES Network!

ON to the ALCS!
Should be a good series.
Let's GO Red Sox!

longgame

Don't know if any of you caught it, but like Fred was saying, everyone was picking the Yankees and one of those was A-Rod.  He and Papi had a bet, A-Rod of course lost and had to pay up by wearing a Sox uniform while Papi sprayed him with champagne.   rofl

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/a-rod-wears-red-sox-jersey-on-fs1-after-bet-with-david-ortiz/c-297760500

So now everyone of course is picking the Astros and I get why people like them, but the Sox won more games and have home field advantage.   I think part of the issue is that every Sox failure gets highlighted, while every Astros win is celebrated and on top of that, we know all of the Sox' warts.  Both of these teams are very similar though and while I get the old adage about pitching winning championships, but I think that is flipped and now it is beating good pitching that wins championships since everyone has good pitching. 

One of the things that gets called out is the Sox played in a weaker division, but they had to fight off the Yankees and the Rays had the best record of non-Wild card teams (and a game behind Cleveland).  Sure the Sox got the O's, but the West had the Rangers and Angels who were pretty bad too.  When you win 108 games and win your division going away against a 100 game winner, clearly something is working. 

Sox in 6.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on October 13, 2018, 12:30:20 PM
Don't know if any of you caught it, but like Fred was saying, everyone was picking the Yankees and one of those was A-Rod.  He and Papi had a bet, A-Rod of course lost and had to pay up by wearing a Sox uniform while Papi sprayed him with champagne.   rofl

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/a-rod-wears-red-sox-jersey-on-fs1-after-bet-with-david-ortiz/c-297760500

So now everyone of course is picking the Astros and I get why people like them, but the Sox won more games and have home field advantage.   I think part of the issue is that every Sox failure gets highlighted, while every Astros win is celebrated and on top of that, we know all of the Sox' warts.  Both of these teams are very similar though and while I get the old adage about pitching winning championships, but I think that is flipped and now it is beating good pitching that wins championships since everyone has good pitching. 

One of the things that gets called out is the Sox played in a weaker division, but they had to fight off the Yankees and the Rays had the best record of non-Wild card teams (and a game behind Cleveland).  Sure the Sox got the O's, but the West had the Rangers and Angels who were pretty bad too.  When you win 108 games and win your division going away against a 100 game winner, clearly something is working.

Sox in 6.

It get redundant to keep saying it, but as long as you're dispensing some pretty insightful missives, well, nice going again.  The Red Sox don't have to apologize to anyone for being in a "weaker" division because they weren't.  Yes we had a real weak Oriole team and  Toronto was no great shakes either but when you compete for a division title against a powerful team like the Yankees and best them by  eight games you have nothing to be ashamed of.  And, while I'm at it,  the Rays weren't exactly a pushover either winning 90 games.  In fact it the Rays that gave us  that margin for error before we hung out the Yankees to dry after our four game sweep.  And where do  those "experts" come off saying those things in the first place? Texas was just plain bad, the Angels pretty much fell apart after their 11-3 start, and by  the middle of August the always underachieving Seattle Mariners were their usual horse shit selves.  We won 108 games; we have to apologize to no one.