GAME #10 - MONDAY, APRIL 12, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ MINNESOTA TWINS (PPD)

Started by markj, April 12, 2021, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

2:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Martin Perez (L)

1. Enrique Hernandez (R) LF
2. Christian Vazquez (R) DH
3. J.D. Martinez (R) RF
4. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
5. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
6. Hunter Renfroe (R) CF
7. Christian Arroyo (R) 2B
8. Bobby Dalbec (R) 1B
9. Kevin Plawecki (R) C

Twins

J.A. Happ (L)

1. Byron Buxton (R) CF
2. Kyle Garlick (R) LF
3. Nelson Cruz (R) DH
4. Mitch Garver (R) C
5. Miguel Sano (R) 1B
6. Willians Astudillo (R) 3B
7. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
8. Luis Arraez (L) 2B
9. Jake Cave (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 42°F
Chance of Precip: 28%

markj

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on April 12, 2021, 08:34:12 AM
Another cold weather game. Note the early start time.

My neighbor told me over the weekend he's leaving beautiful SoCarolina for Minnesota.  I asked him why he would do that.  It's a family thing.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 12, 2021, 08:34:12 AM
Another cold weather game. Note the early start time.

Well the Red Sox can't use that as an excuse if they're thinking that way because Boston in't exactly a warm weather  hangout, and neither is Baltimore.  BUT, they are playing a better team this time and have their work cut out for them.  Besides, Martin Perez hasn't exactly looked like a pitching ace in his first couple of starts.  A win would be very nice though.

Sea Dog 23

The first of MLB's power ratings are out, covering last week.

LA #1, Yanks are #3, Twins #5, Sox check in at #20.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 12, 2021, 12:33:01 PM
The first of MLB's power ratings are out, covering last week.

LA #1, Yanks are #3, Twins #5, Sox check in at #20.
FAKE NEWS, much to early for #'s like that, meaningless !!!!   At this POINT, I am thrilled that we are 6 & 3 , compared to 0 & 9 !!!! (after the 0 & 3 start )   thumb_d iono iono iono rofl rofl

markj

Game Postponed.

QuoteThe Minnesota Twins postponed Monday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox for safety purposes following a police shooting in a Minneapolis suburb Sunday night.

“Out of respect for the tragic events that occurred yesterday in Brooklyn Center and following the additional details in this evolving situation, the Minnesota Twins have decided it is in the best interests of our fans, staff, players and community to not play today’s game,” the team said in a statement.

“The decision was made by the Minnesota Twins after consultation with Major League Baseball and local and state officials.”

No details on rescheduling were immediately available.

Tread carefully with comments here. Avoid the politics. And note that it was the Twins' organization that made this call.

Sea Dog 23

I guess Cora is a little relieved  There was a day off Friday. But a little goofy, play Sunday, travel and play Monday.  I think our pitching needed a day off to space out. 

Sea Dog 23

On BostonStrong theyre reporting Twins suggesting a double header Tuesday, with 7 inning games.  That may be ill-advised, forecast is colder temps than today, chance of snow.

Another suggestion was to move the series to Boston this week.
I see the Jay's are playing a home game in Florida tonight.

markj

Double-header on Wednesday. I'll leave this game thread as is and adjust the lineups if necessary.

Sea Dog 23

They're underway at Minny haha. 

Perez was his own worst enemy in the 1st. 
2 runs on 1 hit and 2 BB.  2-0.

Sox had runners on in the 2nd with no outs.
But a DP for Yaz and Renfroe K ends it.