5. Jed Lowrie (S) 2B
6. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
7. Mitch Moreland (L) DH
8. Sean Murphy (R) C
9. Elvis Andrus (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 57°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Bill-806

BILL-806 reporting for duty !!!  Trying to stay connected & engaged !!!  In my mind , winning every game is the goal , no room for defeat !!!!  DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, PITCHING, PITCHING, PITCHING !!!!  Keep your eye on the ball & go with the pitch !!!! Go SOX, WIN, WIN, WIN !!! thumb_u thumb_u iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 11, 2021, 09:02:09 AM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Nathan Eovaldi (R)

1. Marwin Gonzalez (S) 2B
2. Alex Verdugo (L) CF
3. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
4. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
5. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
6. Christian Vazquez (R) C
7. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
8. Franchy Cordero (L) LF
9. Michael Chavis (R) 1B

Athletics

Chris Bassitt (R)

1. Mark Canha (R) LF
2. Seth Brown (L) RF
3. Ramon Laureano (R) CF
4. Matt Olson (L) 1B
5. Jed Lowrie (S) 2B
6. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
7. Mitch Moreland (L) DH
8. Sean Murphy (R) C
9. Elvis Andrus (R) SS

Again for the upteenth time will someone please tell me why Frenchy is in the lineup again.  Has Cora lost his marbles or is he under orders from Bloom to play this bum as out new baseball ops leader tries to justify a trade for this guy that has no justification whatsoever?

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 11, 2021, 03:21:42 PM

Red Sox

Nathan Eovaldi (R)

2. Alex Verdugo (L) CF
3. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
5. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
7. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
9. Michael Chavis (R) 1B

Athletics

Chris Bassitt (R)

1. Mark Canha (R) LF
2. Seth Brown (L) RF
3. Ramon Laureano (R) CF
4. Matt Olson (L) 1B
5. Jed Lowrie (S) 2B
6. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
7. Mitch Moreland (L) DH
8. Sean Murphy (R) C
9. Elvis Andrus (R) SS

Again for the upteenth time will someone please tell me why Frenchy is in the lineup again.  Has Cora lost his marbles or is he under orders from Bloom to play this bum as out new baseball ops leader tries to justify a trade for this guy that has no justification whatsoever?
Cora likes to see Franchy smiling.

rofl

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 11, 2021, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 11, 2021, 03:21:42 PM

Red Sox

Nathan Eovaldi (R)

2. Alex Verdugo (L) CF
3. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
5. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
7. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
9. Michael Chavis (R) 1B

Athletics

Chris Bassitt (R)

1. Mark Canha (R) LF
2. Seth Brown (L) RF
3. Ramon Laureano (R) CF
4. Matt Olson (L) 1B
5. Jed Lowrie (S) 2B
6. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
7. Mitch Moreland (L) DH
8. Sean Murphy (R) C
9. Elvis Andrus (R) SS

Cora likes to see Franchy smiling.

rofl

Maybe buyer's remorse?

markj

markj

SeaBeachFred

Another low energy game----this time very very low energy like the team was comatose out there.  Three takes from this miserable contest.  One---get that @#$%&?! French Fry out of the lineup.  Buyer's remorse or not, this guy stinks to high heaven and creates a ripple effect throughout the lineup.  Good God, he is even worse than Jackie Bradley with a bat in his hands.  We finally get rid of that miserable hi tter and now we get one worse than him. Two, Marwin Hernandez is not a leadoff man and from what I've seen of late not much of a hitter at all. Either drop him down or bench him.  He hasn't done shit for us most of the season.  Third, give Chavis a real chance to play all the time even if we have to try him our in LF.  He cannot be any worse than Frenchy in the field and he will hit a lot better if not jerked around in and out of the lineup.  He is still a y oung player and might have a future with us.  Frenchy has NO future anywhere.  Third Darwizon Hernandez is garbage and not ready for big league pitching and o nce again points out the team's shitty record in developing pitching.  DH was supposed to be one of our  real good young pitchers.  He is shit. 

I said that when we lose a game playing crappy after a very modest winning streak the arrow always points down as it has since the 2019 season.  If we can't come back and win tomorrow with with E-Rod on the mound this team is headed for real trouble.  I do NOT want to see the French Fry in the lineup, nor do I ever want to see Darwizon ever in a game again with that game on the line.  He is totally ill-equipped to do the job.   The only problem is that we p robably have an equally rotten pack of shits down on the farm.  I am really pissed off tonight.

BoSoxFanNY

Have to tip your cap to the A's pitching tonight.

AND, it IS frustrating that the Sox play better on the road.
It used to be they played best at home, by so far - not this year.

MongoLikeSox

MLB BA is .234.

The occasion solo HR hit by jack-rabbits that flash and burn 20-30 times a year that offer little else the rest of the season.

These stats guys drank too much of their Kool Aide. Rays, A's, Twins, Yankees and Cubs. Only a perfect storm, everything worked like magic and Randy Arozarena got the Rays into the WS last year. Damn near got swept by the Dodgers if it wasn't for Bellinger getting sore and having a backup misplay a couple of balls. Can't remember who that was now.....   or maybe that was the Braves' series before. I digress. Remember, Bill James was a big stats guy AND a big baseball guy. He understood run prevention and run scoring opportunities mattered. He didn't understand situational mindsets. His predecessors took what he did not understand to a whole new level of not understanding the game. 

I sense some of us are of a certain age where we remember Dave Kingman. Go look at his stats and start comparing some of them to this years' league stats.

This whole shift in baseball has resulted in a hugely boring game for the benefit of no more run production rates than we had. They better fix it quick. 3-2 ball games used to be exciting to watch. Edge of the seat, everything mattered excitement. The kind of game where your teams gets two walks to start the inning and you think you have a chance to at least tie it. Nawp! I had little hope, and that was with good hitters due up.

or maybe I'm just grumpy.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 11, 2021, 09:37:28 PM
Another low energy game----this time very very low energy like the team was comatose out there.  Three takes from this miserable contest.  One---get that @#$%&?! French Fry out of the lineup.  Buyer's remorse or not, this guy stinks to high heaven and creates a ripple effect throughout the lineup.  Good God, he is even worse than Jackie Bradley with a bat in his hands.  We finally get rid of that miserable hi tter and now we get one worse than him. Two, Marwin Hernandez is not a leadoff man and from what I've seen of late not much of a hitter at all. Either drop him down or bench him.  He hasn't done shit for us most of the season.  Third, give Chavis a real chance to play all the time even if we have to try him our in LF.  He cannot be any worse than Frenchy in the field and he will hit a lot better if not jerked around in and out of the lineup.  He is still a y oung player and might have a future with us.  Frenchy has NO future anywhere.  Third Darwizon Hernandez is garbage and not ready for big league pitching and o nce again points out the team's shitty record in developing pitching.  DH was supposed to be one of our  real good young pitchers.  He is shit. 

I said that when we lose a game playing crappy after a very modest winning streak the arrow always points down as it has since the 2019 season.  If we can't come back and win tomorrow with with E-Rod on the mound this team is headed for real trouble.  I do NOT want to see the French Fry in the lineup, nor do I ever want to see Darwizon ever in a game again with that game on the line.  He is totally ill-equipped to do the job.   The only problem is that we p robably have an equally rotten pack of shits down on the farm.  I am really pissed off tonight.
CONCUR , no room in sports for LOW ENERGY, just look at the CELTICS !!!! thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

The Franchy thing must be kind of an albatross on many of the players.  In effect there may be only two inside moves available.  Duran is getting developed for a move at some point this summer.  He had a 2-homer day yesterday.  Santana was promoted to AAA this week, and may see Boston soon unless he is waived first.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 12, 2021, 08:57:53 AM
MLB BA is .234.

The occasion solo HR hit by jack-rabbits that flash and burn 20-30 times a year that offer little else the rest of the season.

These stats guys drank too much of their Kool Aide. Rays, A's, Twins, Yankees and Cubs. Only a perfect storm, everything worked like magic and Randy Arozarena got the Rays into the WS last year. Damn near got swept by the Dodgers if it wasn't for Bellinger getting sore and having a backup misplay a couple of balls. Can't remember who that was now.....   or maybe that was the Braves' series before. I digress. Remember, Bill James was a big stats guy AND a big baseball guy. He understood run prevention and run scoring opportunities mattered. He didn't understand situational mindsets. His predecessors took what he did not understand to a whole new level of not understanding the game. 

I sense some of us are of a certain age where we remember Dave Kingman. Go look at his stats and start comparing some of them to this years' league stats.

This whole shift in baseball has resulted in a hugely boring game for the benefit of no more run production rates than we had. They better fix it quick. 3-2 ball games used to be exciting to watch. Edge of the seat, everything mattered excitement. The kind of game where your teams gets two walks to start the inning and you think you have a chance to at least tie it. Nawp! I had little hope, and that was with good hitters due up.

or maybe I'm just grumpy.

Most of us are grumpy today Mongol but it isn't about what you said that has made me grumpy because you just about hit it right on the sweet spot.  However, while this can hold true for most of the other teams in baseball, which I believe to be true, I don't give a crap about other teams.  I'm only concerned about ours and we go out there in a trance, can't win consistently at home, can't develop good young pitchers and usually go into the tank for days on end when we end a modest losing streak.  Perhaps we are not strong enough to make a real run for anything this season but there is no excuse for going through the motions and looking like shit warmed over trying to make it through a game.  We either have to barf all the ill-effects of our less than best effort or just concede that this is going to be another long season of disappointment and failure.  As for Prune Face Henry, he needs to start saving his money  again for a big spending spree this coming fall because we have a lot of dead weight on this team right now, in the lineup and in the bullpen.  Tonight we must WIN that damn game and go on a winning strea AT HOME!!!!!!!

longgame

I hate when we see this kind of pattern.  They get stuck in non-productive games with no energy, especially at home which is really strange.  The core got very little done at the plate and the rest contributed nothing.  Gonzalez, Renfroe and Franchero went for an 0-fer and are hitting .211, .218 and .156 respectively.  None of them should be on a major league roster with those stats, but especially Franchy who can't field either.  Unfortunately Dalbec (.188) isn't the answer either, but Chavis has looked good since coming back.  But they can't limp around like this.  Hernandez is on the DL but barely acceptable as well at .239.  You can't have 4 slots times 4 at bats per game with a 20% chance plus these guys don't even advance runners. 

So what's the move?  Clearly for now you put Arroyo at 2B and Chavis at 1B, that at least helps this problem.  But the outfield is total crap other than Verdugo and as they've got young guys coming up, but I think they need to make some sort of move and get someone who can play a regular OF position every day.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 12, 2021, 02:00:36 PM
I hate when we see this kind of pattern.  They get stuck in non-productive games with no energy, especially at home which is really strange.  The core got very little done at the plate and the rest contributed nothing.  Gonzalez, Renfroe and Franchero went for an 0-fer and are hitting .211, .218 and .156 respectively.  None of them should be on a major league roster with those stats, but especially Franchy who can't field either.  Unfortunately Dalbec (.188) isn't the answer either, but Chavis has looked good since coming back.  But they can't limp around like this.  Hernandez is on the DL but barely acceptable as well at .239.  You can't have 4 slots times 4 at bats per game with a 20% chance plus these guys don't even advance runners. 

So what's the move?  Clearly for now you put Arroyo at 2B and Chavis at 1B, that at least helps this problem.  But the outfield is total crap other than Verdugo and as they've got young guys coming up, but I think they need to make some sort of move and get someone who can play a regular OF position every day.

cORDERO IS HITTING 156 AND THAT IS 19 POINTS LOWER THAN bRADLEYWITH THE bREWERS.  tHAT TELLSYOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FRENCH FRY.